• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Double lung transplant

Best of luck for a good speedy recovery to get back in that ride!

Best wishes to you and the doctors for a successful procedure and recovery.

Sorry for no update. I didn’t realize I missed it. I was at less than 13% lung capacity.
I got my transplant on 12/31/19. First few months were really rough. Didn’t think I was going to make it for awhile. Spent about 50 days in the hospital. About 20 in ICU. developed heart arrhythmia. Went to rehab and got much stronger. Then I developed type 2 diabetes. I thought that if I stayed busy, I would be ok. Started getting weaker, so I went out and bought a treadmill and a bicycle. Now I walk 30 min at 3 mph 3-4 times a week. Walked a 5K last year. Getting much stronger now and can actually work on my cars again. one of my biggest problems now is the weight gain, a side effect of the transplant and steroids I’m on. I never weighed over 165, now I’m at 225. Thank the lord for every day.

Sorry for no update. I didn’t realize I missed it. I was at less than 13% lung capacity.
I got my transplant on 12/31/19. First few months were really rough. Didn’t think I was going to make it for awhile. Spent about 50 days in the hospital. About 20 in ICU. developed heart arrhythmia. Went to rehab and got much stronger. Then I developed type 2 diabetes. I thought that if I stayed busy, I would be ok. Started getting weaker, so I went out and bought a treadmill and a bicycle. Now I walk 30 min at 3 mph 3-4 times a week. Walked a 5K last year. Getting much stronger now and can actually work on my cars again. one of my biggest problems now is the weight gain, a side effect of the transplant and steroids I’m on. I never weighed over 165, now I’m at 225. Thank the lord for every day.
Thanks for the update, and I wish you well with your continued recovery. :thumbsup:

It takes along time to mend. I went through something very much like you. It took a very long time. You will have limitations that Im sure youve been told about.

I hope everything goes okay for you in your recovery.

Great update brother. God is always with you. How long before we can go scuba diving…..?

Great update brother. God is always with you. How long before we can go scuba diving…..?
I can’t swim in any lakes,rivers, or public pools, But I can go in the ocean .

Auto Transport Service
Back