• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Driver arrested for traveling at more than 150 mph

Why did he slow down ? He would have lost that cop and had a great story to tell .
Radio"s in a single word. However once you know your being pursued by police and dont pull over you now went from getting a summons to being arrested. If the police officer by chance crashed and was killed your looking at jail time. That Helcat owner did one smart thing and pulled over. My wife cousins Trooper's husband once told me he himself called it quits at about 120MPH unless the person in car was involved in a serious criminal altercation. Still didnt push it past that and this from a very skilled driver in high speed driving/chases. When i thought about it those highway cars weren't good for much more than that. Its not just a loosing control, a rod through the side of the motor, at that speed could cause instant death as the car spins out of control. I had a GM small block, it had the breather at the rear of the motor, a tube that came out with a hose that went towards the ground. I cracked a piston destroying the land and oil ring. I got on the car, threw second gear and the car went completely sideways due to the oil that came out of that breather and went under the rear tires. Theres a lot to consider going that fast

Radio"s in a single word. However once you know your being pursued by police and dont pull over you now went from getting a summons to being arrested. If the police officer by chance crashed and was killed your looking at jail time. That Helcat owner did one smart thing and pulled over. My wife cousins Trooper's husband once told me he himself called it quits at about 120MPH unless the person in car was involved in a serious criminal altercation. Still didnt push it past that and this from a very skilled driver in high speed driving/chases. When i thought about it those highway cars weren't good for much more than that. Its not just a loosing control, a rod through the side of the motor, at that speed could cause instant death as the car spins out of control. I had a GM small block, it had the breather at the rear of the motor, a tube that came out with a hose that went towards the ground. I cracked a piston destroying the land and oil ring. I got on the car, threw second gear and the car went completely sideways due to the oil that came out of that breather and went under the rear tires. Theres a lot to consider going that fast
You can lose a cop through maneuvering and knowledge of terrain. Gravel roads, offloading ect. I've done it.
But you will never outrun them. Maybe on a crotch rocket, even then though. The longer the chase ensues, the more smokies join in. Roadblocks, Spike strips, helicopters and airplanes.
Around here in winter time we have lots of snowmobliers, use to be pointless for a cop to even try to pull one over. Now the state patrol has a whirlybird to give them duis

The trooper you spoke of was a good lawman. If you haven't the ability to show restraint when the public safety requires it, then you are neither "serving nor protecting".

I changed slim jims in my Pontiac so many times too. Then a few years ago an older guy showed me how to fix them in 10 minutes. They used to have an issue where they would all of a sudden only have low gear. So we would figure they were done and swap them out. When it was only the little plastic gear on the shift governor. And you could change that in with out pulling the transmission and with out even dropping the pan. The olds starfire was a cool old car. Don't see them much any more.
That didn't happen in my case. The mechanic called my father and he sent me to look at the damage I did. A whole bunch of burnt and warped clutches and plates and they stunk. That was the first time. second and third time a trail of trans fluid followed me. Didn't learn, spoiled kid, and my wife says I haven't changed.

You can lose a cop through maneuvering and knowledge of terrain. Gravel roads, offloading ect. I've done it.
But you will never outrun them. Maybe on a crotch rocket, even then though. The longer the chase ensues, the more smokies join in. Roadblocks, Spike strips, helicopters and airplanes.
Around here in winter time we have lots of snowmobliers, use to be pointless for a cop to even try to pull one over. Now the state patrol has a whirlybird to give them duis
I have a cousin in Iowa in 74 that thought he could out run them and loose them. Thats how we found out about the FAA charges he also found out you can not out run a radio if they figure out where you live. That was not hard to due then and even easier today.

In many states you have just gone from a moving violation to felony conviction.

I have a cousin in Iowa in 74 that thought he could out run them and loose them. Thats how we found out about the FAA charges he also found out you can not out run a radio if they figure out where you live. That was not hard to due then and even easier today.
The Iowa State Patrol is well funded and that includes legally. They don't **** around. Won't hesitate to shoot at fleeing suspects. In the face, in the back. Makes no difference.

Yeap your vehicle has become a weapon and you have just become dangerous. Passing go has given them the right to shoot to kill.
Lets not get stupid out there learn something about your state laws if you feel violating is something you want to do. Also being aware of state laws in other states you drive in could save you a pretty penny or some serious jail time.

ruh roh the Challenger/Hellcat was towed...

Impounded that's the downside... :lol:

In Iowa it would be confiscated. You would be buying at back at auction. Kinda fucked up in some cases. You get caught with more than a few thousand dollars, it gets confiscated. No lies.
Going to pay cash for a car, get pulled over and searched, they find a large sum of cash, they take it. You spend an equivalent amount to on lawyers trying to get it back.

In Iowa it would be confiscated. You would be buying at back at auction. Kinda fucked up in some cases. You get caught with more than a few thousand dollars, it gets confiscated. No lies.
Going to pay cash for a car, get pulled over and searched, they find a large sum of cash, they take it. You spend an equivalent amount to on lawyers trying to get it back.

It's legal but Congress has a bill to cut down on that, hope they pass it. Not holding my breath, police hate the idea. Woman it city near me had a low life kid peddle drugs out her house. Not a big dealer but police raided her house. Got it back but it wasn't easy.

30-year-old Cody Replogle was hoping to sell his extensively modified Corvette and used the YouTube videos of himself supposedly going 195 mph around Oklahoma City freeways as some sort of enticement to would-be buyers who might be impressed by how easy it is to be a complete and utter moron in the car.

It's legal but Congress has a bill to cut down on that, hope they pass it. Not holding my breath, police hate the idea. Woman it city near me had a low life kid peddle drugs out her house. Not a big dealer but police raided her house. Got it back but it wasn't easy.
Some older gal with a diner made her deposits into the bank weekly. One week she made 15k. On way to deposit it into Bank was pulled over. Had it confiscated. Took 25k worth of lawyer fees and over a year to get back. Luckily the lawyer gave his services for free. It was on news, radio big PR. Pricks wouldn't give in though. Claimed, "nobody has any reason to carry that much cash". And refused to even apologize.
We call them Dicks for a reason up here. Just the State Patrol though. The Sheriff deputies in my County are real nice people.
So a prepper like me who distrust authority may one day decide to drain my bank account and buy gold or something. What would they think.
Or If I find the Coronet R/T I'm looking for
But the owner wants some of the money in cash.
I think they would be wise to update the law.

Some older gal with a diner made her deposits into the bank weekly. One week she made 15k. On way to deposit it into Bank was pulled over. Had it confiscated.

That's crazy. No idea if that's the law here in NJ, but how many businesses run into that problem on a daily basis? Seems like a law tailor made to fleece owners of cash businesses.

Exactly, it also makes for bad relations with law enforcement.
There are dozens of examples within the past 2 or 3 years. And it's not the municipal police or County Sheriff Deputies. Just the ISP. They have lobbyist in the statehouse to keep the law in place. Claim they need the funding that confiscated items provide. Any amount of cash over 1k gets taken. That's soo fucked up.
Our statehouse got lots of good things passed in this session. Stand your ground, moved the chains on pro-life (20 wks), tax reform. But those repubes wouldn't even look into reforming this law.

So, stand your ground is legal now, you have 10k in cash on your person with a legal 9mm in your pocket and you get pulled over by the ISP. You know they will take your gun and your cash even though they are both legal.

30-year-old Cody Replogle was hoping to sell his extensively modified Corvette and used the YouTube videos of himself supposedly going 195 mph around Oklahoma City freeways as some sort of enticement to would-be buyers who might be impressed by how easy it is to be a complete and utter moron in the car.

Now that's an idiot! These are the guys that should be thrown in jail.

Exactly, it also makes for bad relations with law enforcement.
There are dozens of examples within the past 2 or 3 years. And it's not the municipal police or County Sheriff Deputies. Just the ISP. They have lobbyist in the statehouse to keep the law in place. Claim they need the funding that confiscated items provide. Any amount of cash over 1k gets taken. That's soo fucked up.
Our statehouse got lots of good things passed in this session. Stand your ground, moved the chains on pro-life (20 wks), tax reform. But those repubes wouldn't even look into reforming this law.

So, stand your ground is legal now, you have 10k in cash on your person with a legal 9mm in your pocket and you get pulled over by the ISP. You know they will take your gun and your cash even though they are both legal.
I know of a few old Iowa farmer that pay cash for a new combine every .year. That would .hurt.

Auto Transport Service
Back