• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Durn snow

Just a normal snowfall here. Great story!
That same thing happened to me in 1984 going over the continental divide. Trooper asked me was I really from Washington state. Said, Yup. He said, "drive on mister." Had a new 4x4 Ford F 150 with snow trac tires. It was Dec 23rd. They were making most people put chains on or go back down the Western side.

My area got mostly rain, lots of rain yesterday turning to sleet late in the day and lasting into late night. Snow must of started after midnight. Prediction was 5 to 8 inches and I don't think we got more than 3! Some blowing though, so I plowed the road and driveways. Yup, just another day in PA!
Oh, went groundhog hunting yesterday, but couldn't find ol" Punxy Phil! ruffcut

It's now hovering between rain and ice balls here. More rain than ice balls.

Hmm.....all this talk of a dangerous snow storm.......just another day here in VERRRmont!

View attachment 1235436 View attachment 1235437 View attachment 1235438 View attachment 1235439
Must be a popular snow shovel.

IMG_20220202_223847503_HDR.jpg

Still snowing a bit here this morning! I like snow but this much this quickly just plain sucks! I plowed and shoveled twice yesterday and I’ve got to do it again today!
This is from yesterday’s crapload. I’ll be adding to the pile today

F056F1D8-42D5-4BA9-8D57-F2305DCCD010.jpeg

Still snowing a bit here this morning! I like snow but this much this quickly just plain sucks! I plowed and shoveled twice yesterday and I’ve got to do it again today!
This is from yesterday’s crapload. I’ll be adding to the pile today

View attachment 1235961
The states that get the most snow is #1 Vermont, #2 Maine, #3 NH.........I had always thought it was the other way around...

Just a few flakes here the last couple days. But -15* to -5* in the mornings. I wonder what Al Gore has to say about the ice caps melting?

Shoveled paths to the barn and out of both doors. Barn is about 300 feet away......worked up an actual sweat! lol. Dug out the chicken coop doorway and a path to the wading pool of heated water for Janet the Duck. She was very keen to get in the water after two days...lol. Donkeys are galloping up and back on the pathways as well. Just happy to be outside in the sun. Although, the duck came outside before I had the path shoveled to her pond and flapped up onto the top of the deep snow and waddled across it without sinking in, so i'm not sure she actually needed a path..lol.

Anytime I begin to wonder if my heart is in good shape, I just spend an hour shoveling in deep snow and if I don't die, well, there you go, question answered...lol.

this below was the 1st day of the Christmas Storm
(they called 'a bomb'), like 4ft accumulation
we had stalled over US for a week or so 12/25/2021 to 1/1-2/2022...
we didn't loose power, but for only briefly, a couple hrs
I fired up the wood stove...
My cousin Stan had it way worse, only 11 miles upcountry
he had like 6ft+ in the 1st 2 days & lost power for 7 days

Lake Tahoe basin got like 15ft, it was a 50 y/o record broken

the storm prior (like a month earlier) was 7.5" of rain in 3 (-4 ?) days
(we usually get like 19"s of rain, in a whole season)
Thunder & lightning was really bad, we lost power, in that one,
trees downed all over, taking out powerlines, closing roads etc.

I hate the Devils Dandruff (snow)
when we get it, it's feet not inches
thank god it goes/melts away relatively quickly, usually
that last Christmas storm, it stuck around for about a month...
Normally here, it's gone in a wekk or so, before the next storm comes
& we fire up the generator for the fridge, micro & a few lights etc.

We get plenty of it,
it's just a lot nicer weather between storms
It's about 61* today :poke: , mostly clear sunny skies
Sonora snow 12-25-2021.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back