Fabricated Dash Woodgrain Replacements - 1968 8-Track GTX

Interior

1. cuda dad

cuda dad Member

Local Time:
    6:15 PM
    Nice work! Very impressive. I need a face plate for my 68 GTX 8-track.

2. SoCal440GTX

SoCal440GTX Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    @cuda dad, the 68 8-Track faceplate is a rarity. That's what got me started on this journey since that's what I needed for my 68 but could not find.

See pictures below...putting the replacement next to an OEM hockey stick bezel won't look quite right. The brown hue is a little off and the woodgrain texture does not flow from 1 piece to the other. Depending upon how finicky you are, this may or may not be acceptable.

20180820_214329.jpg 20180820_214510.jpg 20180820_214526.jpg 20180820_214603_001.jpg

3. dpaul63

dpaul63 Well-Known Member

My Photo Garage
    Local Time:
    8:15 PM
    When you are finished with the process, please pm me because I need a complete set for 1968 GTX with AM radio dash, and my console.
    Semper Fidelis!

4. wannadrag29

wannadrag29 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Can you make a set for the 1968 GTX with aluminum coloring instead of white?
    Im talking about the outline of the GTX lettering and the horizontal lines .
    I love the look, and almost bought a set at the fling, but didn't like the white outline on the lettering.
    I just stumbled upon this post and it appears that you were asking opinions on white or aluminum(for the lettering trim and the lines that were originally chrome), Is this still an option?
    Thank you, and again awesome product!
    I was in disbelief as i was looking a sample you had handed out to me.

5. Matt S

Matt S Active Member

Local Time:
    9:15 PM
    soCal440GTX your inbox is full. I need a set for a 69 GTX so please PM me.

Thanks

Semper Fi

6. munger77

munger77 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:15 PM
    soCal440GTX your inbox is full. I'm interested in the dash pieces for '68 GTX so please PM me.

7. '68 Coronet R/T

'68 Coronet R/T Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:15 PM
    Great thread. Really appreciate all the information and the hard work in producing these excellent trim pieces.
    Is there a link or website for placing orders?

8. SoCal440GTX

SoCal440GTX Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    No link, no website. I'm still in the development stage. I do not advertise or try to push trying to sell them yet. I have made and sold a few sets for people who have asked. I did this both as a favor for them and to get feedback on what they think of them so far. They are costly and time consuming to make in small quantities. My hope is that when I get to the point that I think they are "finished", I can make quite a few sets at once to save money and make them quicker to ship to people. I think the last 2 guys waited 2 months.

Every set I've sent out, I sent before being paid and have paid for shipping myself. I tell people to make sure they are what they expect and are 100% satisfied . If not, I offer to pay for return shipping and they won't be out a dime, no hard feelings. I have yet to have to send a return label. Everyone has promptly paid also. (Most FBBO guys are stand-up fellas. Have yet to run into a scumbag.)

Thanks!

9. '68 Coronet R/T

'68 Coronet R/T Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:15 PM
    I would be interested in a set for my 1968 GTX project. Prefer the color of the one on the left if that is possible?
    20170807_215450-jpg.jpg

I am not in a hurry since I have a long way to go replacing rusted metal but would like to get on your waiting list.
    Willing to send you some money up front to help defray your costs.
    Jim

10. 68HAVOK

68HAVOK Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    This is just amazing work. Hats off to you. Any more progress on the 68 black with vertical lines. Its hard to find a good set. I've been buying pieces here and there for my 68 Satellite. I have an extra hockey stick in that finish if it would help you. The pervious owner painted parts of it while painting the dash. But if it would help I'm more than willing to send it to you.

20190111_133405.jpg