• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frankenstorm

Red63440

Local time
8:36 AM
Reaction score
Hope all of you along the coast, NYC and Long Island take care. It sounds like its not going to be pretty and loss of life is possible. Heavy snow in WV tomorrow with blizzard conditions combined with the winds could make this the storm of the century. Stay safe and protect your family. Prayers are with all of you....

Im stuck at work with the 67 stuck on a 1 ft high platform..flooding ifs the only thing on NY mind right now

Yeah its just a waiting game now. The eye of the storm is suppose to be here tomorrow evening.

Spent all day starting at 6AM getting ready for the hopefully "Non-Event". Took the 67 to a friends house, again, on higher ground and room in his garage. Since the 68 is apart, I put it 6' up on the lift. Everything in the garage worth anything was raised 2' off the floor. All the plants and yard decor put inside of the little garage. If it is just the 5-8 inches of rain and no power, we will be OK. If we get anything near a 3' storm surge, we will have to get out while the getting is good. Got 6 vehicles to get out and only 4 drivers! The garage and lower level of the house should be good for 5' surge. Hope everyone is safe and makes it out OK.

flooding ifs the only thing on NY mind right now[/QUOTE]
Brooklyn67....Safe Juniors Cheesecake Factory in Brooklyn..............Last storm(Irene), flooding knockout some of the main roads...It was a mess for weeks.....Hoping for the best in Orange County NY........

God Speed and best of luck to you fella's out on the right coast....Hope you, your family and livelihood fend well.

I'm in VA on near the WVA line it looks like we might get some snow. I heard 6 or more inches of snow with winds to be 60MPH or more.

They have closed all or most schools in the area. The colleges are closed and JMU never closses for anything. Also DMV in the state of VA are clossed across the board.

Went to the grocery store today got a few things if the power goes out we can eat for a few days (5 maybe 6) and enough water because thats all we drink in the house.

My grandmother is here and she is 90 so as long as the heat stays on we will be home if it goes out then it will be keeping my grandmother safe and my family.

Prayers for everyone and if you have power post up some pics or how its going.

Stay safe everybody. Evacuate if you have to. You can always get more stuff. You can't get another life.

Be cautious ,keep a battery radio handy, no risks ,hope you all stay safe..praying for you & watching.

ossietim

Add our prayers! Ive been hearing of this for a few days now.. Ive already gotten a number of warnings since Friday night about the "up to 60" mile an hour winds for us hear.. But were ready for any outages. Im glad you started this thread Red, ive been wondering today if someone would, considering. keep safe you all who are closer to the mess then us!

Here in MA, late yesterday afternoon, Governor Mini-Me (Deval Patrick) cancelled schools & called off work for all "non-essential" (ahem) government employees and urged everyone else to stay home in anticipation to the storm hitting this morning. So far, it's just a little blustery here & they have now moved up the storm timeline to hit this afternoon/evening. We'll see.

All set here about 10 mi inland from the Chesapeake Bay. Generator checked out , loose stuff outside stored. For us , probably just some trees down and no power , for how long ??? All Hotrods safely tucked away.

Looks to be a real bad one. I spend time in Ocean Groove NJ after Carlise sometimes. Awesome area.
Hope everyone is prepaired and please stay safe.

there only one thing God cannot do,Lie."God Cannot Lie"so if you stay near his Heart he will stay near yours.without any doubt Jesus will protect you from all things.even His creation of storms.leave no room for doubt.none.He will answer, anything you ask for.God Bless you all.Bear R.-

Add our prayers! Ive been hearing of this for a few days now.. Ive already gotten a number of warnings since Friday night about the "up to 60" mile an hour winds for us hear.. But were ready for any outages. Im glad you started this thread Red, ive been wondering today if someone would, considering. keep safe you all who are closer to the mess then us!

Someone needed to, we are all friends on here, we share each others joys and sadness and I felt it was important to start the thread.

Auto Transport Service
Back