• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

good quality parts at cheap prices

Bb70charger500

Local time
6:46 AM
Reaction score
So as I was talking to a few guys today it occurs to me that not everyone knows about rockauto.com or has never checked them out . Well I want to share my experience with them to all who wants to read.
I've been useing rock auto for years at first I said what's the point save a few bucks here and there some times . Well when I was heavy into building a 47 Buick and I couldn't get parts for it I said ah what the hell I'll see if they have anything. Well they had a lot of stuff I needed ,seals ,bearings,rebuild kits,wheel studs and so on. Well after that car was sold I didn't have much to buy so haven't been back till today . My daily driver 2003 Mitsubishi eclipse spider gt (conv v6 ) ,it's a/c quit on it last week and beings I'm fat and in fl. That's bad. So I went down to order the parts everything came out to a little over $1000.00 (that's just parts) I said no I'm good I'll sell the car and get something else. Well after a few hours of calling around to other stores I figured I'd check rock auto. So a few clicks here and there and my shopping cart was full and the total with shipping was $406.00 and they all come with a year warranty. There was tons of diff brands to chose from I went with mid priced ones (brands I heard of) so it could of been even cheaper if I took the cheapest stuff.I've never had a problem with them I got a seal that was wrong once and they told me to keep it and they would over night the correct one. They are great to deal with . I just wanted to share this info just incase some of you don't know about them. Hopefully this helps someone looking for a hard to get part or a affordable alternative to the parts store.(witch won't price match them I've tryed )
Don't get me wrong I love
auto zone and the life time warranty that most parts come with but when I can save $300 bucks off a ac comp or $250 off a condenser I will look at other options.

I have bought a ton of stuff from rockauto and have been completely satisfied as well. Got a bad compressor and it was returned, and my money refunded with no hassle. Parts are shipped fast. You also get these cool refrigerator magnets with each order, which I have stuck all over my garage fridge!

I agree. I got my new carpet from them. They were the cheapest anywhere for the same item and I got it in 3 days. I've gotten parts from them before for my dd's and they are usually 15-25% cheaper. As long as you don't need something immediately, they're excellent.

It's hardly worth driving to town & spending the extra added $$$ on parts & fuel costs,
extra wear & tear on the vehicles...

I have great luck with Summit Racing too, if it's ordered by like 5:00pm pst,
if it's in the Nevada distribution center I get the parts usually the next day,
no shipping costs with orders over $99, I rarely have an order less than $99...
I have had great experiences with their customer service too,
even on returns when I mess up too...

I usually only go to town to our local Napa/Debco or
Autozone {no decent "knowledgeable" service & lame counter people}, only if,
they {Summit Site} don't have it in stock or the shipping will be delayed or added truck freight,
or I need it right now...

I really haven't bought very much from Rock Auto,
but what I have, has been good experiences, received with-in a week...

About the same experiences with Jegs too...

I'm glad that everybody's Yankee Doodle's Dandy with Rockauto, I for one have never used them.

I've used them in the past, but as the stuff comes from multiple warehouses the shipping has gotten to be too much in my opinion. Yes the part cost is usually cheaper, but factor in the shipping and it's not worth it.

if you can wait for the parts, rock auto is great...I've used them several times on my cars with zero problems

I always factor in shipping costs to get my net price and rockauto still comes out much cheaper very often.

I've used them in the past, but as the stuff comes from multiple warehouses the shipping has gotten to be too much in my opinion. Yes the part cost is usually cheaper, but factor in the shipping and it's not worth it.

They even have stuff like the exact same windshields for '66-'70 B Bodies that other places carry but for half the price even after shipping is factored in.

Some of the best things about their site are the pictures of each item (great if you're trying to match a part that's not stock) and the variety of the same parts by different manufacturers. They've always done right by me, including when they sent me 2 used brake rotors (what a surprise when I opened the boxes) for my Dodge Dually and when I called them, had Fed-Ex pick them up the next day and overnighted me the new ones. No questions asked. Summit gets all my performance parts business and NAPA gets all the rest.

I like to see the junk I'm buying so I go to the locals first. Most of them will have 'better or best' vs bottom of the line and usually, they are not made in China. I was pleasantly surprised to find they (O'Reillys) had Monroe shocks stocked for my 95 Dakota AND they were made in the U.S. A lot of the stuff from RA is from China and there's no way to ask for country of origin....

Maybe so, but they carry most of the major brands as well, so doing your due diligence on the manufacturer ahead of time will help...

That doesn't always mean that it's not made there. If I can't find USA made products, I'll check on RA prices and use them if I can't find what I'm looking for locally within a reasonable amount of time.

Altho Rock often times has good prices, when shipping is factored in, I get a better price with my account at the local O'rielly. Not always but about half the time.....

That doesn't always mean that it's not made there. If I can't find USA made products, I'll check on RA prices and use them if I can't find what I'm looking for locally within a reasonable amount of time.

That's why I said to do your due diligence about the manufacturer. These days almost all the big name brand manufacturers get some of their parts made offshore. For those of us that care where an item is made, that info is available. I've returned items that were in Mopar Performance boxes and were Mopar certified, when I've opened the box only to find a "Made in China" sticker on the parts! I always try to buy parts made here but unfortunately, it's not always possible.

RockAuto has a lot of items I wouldn't expect and if you catch it just right you may get a decent deal. Last month I picked up a Sherman driver side sail patch panel for my 69 charger, $62 shipped on wholesaler close-out.

However, I would rather go to a store locally to pick up routine parts like plugs, sensors, brakes, filters, or what have you. I was pleased to find out that most of the large chain stores (Advance, Pep boys, and Auto Zone) price match to Rock Auto! All they require is a print out of the webpage with the manufacture's part number and listed price. As long as it's the same part number they will honor it. It's a win-win. Get Rock Auto's killer prices minus the shipping and same day pick up as long as the store has it in stock.

The shipping is definitely a factor but on certain items it's a no brainer , like my a/c comp 200 +20 shipping rock auto
560 auto zone .
There not always the lowest I needed rotors for a car AutoZone didn't have them rock auto + shipping was about $20 more then discount auto parts I always shop the prices and brands. If it's for a car I keep I pay a little more and get it at AutoZone so I get lifetime warranty. If it's for a fix and sale cheapest gets it.
But rock auto just amazed me on what they had.
For instance 1947 Buick super brake light swich,fan belt, generator rebuild kit master rebuild kit rear axle seals inners and outers and so on . I couldn't find these parts anywhere
Then this past time saveing me 600-700 bucks I'll pay the $20-$30 bucks to ship the parts

Auto Transport Service
Back