• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HELP!! What the hell is this part!!

Runner 68

Tarnished Bronze Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:31 PM
Reaction score
I for the life of me can't figure out what this part is or where it goes.
68 Roadrunner Hardtop.
It was in the bag for the small pieces associated with the stainless drip rail pieces (corner pieces and the "J" end pieces). The bag was simply marked "Small Trim Pieces", stupid me. They both have a bit of the exterior paint color overspray on them and traces of molding adhesive. 2 SS screws with them. Marked right "R" and left "L". Made out of SS.
I tore it down 14 years ago or more and my memory is a little foggy and I can't logically place them on the car but they are drip trim related. Thanks for any assistance.

IMG_2233.jpg
IMG_2234.jpg

Those are the pieces that go in the ends of the lower windshield trim! 68-70 b body. They hold the ends of the trim and there’s a hole at the bottom of the windshield pillar where a screw attaches it you can see it with the door open.

If you look with the door open at the bottom of the windshield pillar near the seal area there’s a hole for a sheetmetal screw that attaches it. The flat end slides into the trim.

Like so? Of course I will slide the trim on. Not quite to that point yet. I had forgotten that the trim extends over the top of the bottom of the A pillar.

IMG_2236.jpg
IMG_2237.jpg

Does anyone know where I can get a set of these? Since I resealed the windshield on the RR now no leaks but when I pulled the lower chrome both outer clips broke. I need a set of these to tie the ends down.

I don’t. I wouldn’t even know what to call it to do an internet search. Bottom windshield trim end clip????

Thanks.. Crank hit me up and has a set. Thanks for the link though. Its now in my list of links.

I tell ya, the bit of knowledge that was shared here in just a few minutes, by itself, is easily worth the Gold Membership dues.
I love this place.

Auto Transport Service
Back