• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Here we go kicking the dead horse again..

2012ChargerBlacktop

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:55 AM
Reaction score
So I've been searching through this forum because I want to get rid of the 14in rallyes on my 73 RR and I am very confused about what wheels will fit on my car. I found what seems to be a good deal on a set of 15x8 4.5 BP, 3.5in back spacing on two and 4.5in on the other 2. I've read in a few posts that 15x8 won't fit on the front of this car. I'd appreciate it if that could be clarified for me. Thanks!

There are many guys who run 15x8 on the front wheels of their cars. The 4.5 backspacing is ideal for the rear, in that backspacing will comfortably allow you to run a 275/60R15 tire. That is what my son's 73 has. The problem is that if you put that same tire on the 3.5 backspace rim, it will likely rub the outer wheel well since it won't be "centered" in the wheel well as well.

Are you sure the 3.5 backspacing aren't 15x7 rims?

I'm running 16X8 up front and 18X10 in the rear 0 off set on front and back. front tires are 225 55 16. back tires are 295 40 18. at the time I bought my tires and wheel they did not have a 40 series tire for the front.

You can run 15 x 8's up front if you use a small enough diameter tire. 4 on 4, 275x60 will rub back of wheel well when turning and the only spot with a problem.

I don't mind at all running a smaller tire on the front. I was thinking a 235/60 15. On the rear I was leaning more towards the 275/60 15 rather then the 295. I do realize that these cars look the best with the fattest tire that will fit on the back but I didn't want to take the chance that my car is the oddball that the 295 rubs everywhere. I know that that statement defies logic but that's how my luck runs some days!

I'm running 235 60 15 on the front and 255 60 15 on the rear, my wheels are 15x8 with 4.5 inch back space.

Here is how she looks.
DSC04673small.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back