• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Home Run ??

MoparMitch

Local time
5:05 PM
Reaction score
I may have knocked one out of the park! An Acquaintance whom I have not seen in a while called me on Thursday. Said he thought of me as he was cleaning out his elderly fathers garage. Was taking stuff to the dump. Asked me to come over and see if I wanted a 440 motor, and what he thinks is a 340 motor !!! I tried to stay as calm as possible, when he tells me that he has some other Mopar stuff I might want. I tried to get with him yesterday but he was called into work. You can bet, as soon as I get home from Church, I will be on the phone with him and on the way. I told him not to throw anything else away until I get there. I'm pumped.

Too bad, one of those crappy 340 engines - that just stinks. :icon_winkle: I know you will probably do your duty to help this person clean out their garage and suffer with it!

Too bad, one of those crappy 340 engines - that just stinks. :icon_winkle: I know you will probably do your duty to help this person clean out their garage and suffer with it!

Yes, and you probably won't even notice how cold it is outside while you're at it.

Good luck.

oh yeah theres one of those hemispherical engine thingies over there and you have to take that also :icon_eyes:...and then I woke up :tearyeyed:...good luck

If he was an elderly Mopar guy, could be some Maxie stuff. Good digging !

Nice!! Let us know how it turns out.

X2 :headbang:

tumblr_mtpqqccgYL1qilpw0o8_r1_500.gif

sounds great,
hope there's some good stuff

If there is more than you can take home, let me know and I'll drive up and help! That's what friends are for right?:toothy5: good luck Mitch. Hope it's all good 'stuff'!

Was at a buddy's house helping him do some work and spotted a Carter 4bbl hanging on the wall, nice condition. He said he had no idea what it was, but since I knew cars I was welcome to check it out. I did - Max Wedge/Hemi carb! My buddy and I went to the same church, so we agreed I would sell it and we give our church the money. Took it to the Mopar Nats, had vendors in a bidding war over it. The church got a nice donation.

Was at a buddy's house helping him do some work and spotted a Carter 4bbl hanging on the wall, nice condition. He said he had no idea what it was, but since I knew cars I was welcome to check it out. I did - Max Wedge/Hemi carb! My buddy and I went to the same church, so we agreed I would sell it and we give our church the money. Took it to the Mopar Nats, had vendors in a bidding war over it. The church got a nice donation.

Awesome !! Great story. Good job.

Ok guys. No answer on the phone yesterday morning so I googled the address and just drove over there . Only 20 mins away. He was at work but his girlfriend and Elderly father were there. So I got Ronnie on the phone and told him I wanted to see the engines. He said the 440 was in the main garage, but the 340 and the other stuff was in a trailer locked up, and he had the key on him. Anyhow I got a good look at the 440. It is complete , minus intake , still painted turquois. On the pad is H440 and date of 12 15. Casting numbers are 253643010 casting date 11-3-71. I looked there first and thought it was 77 , but I soon realized after I got the vin that it is a 72. Vin# 2C196373. Not sure but I think its from a C body car. Gonna check the charts today. I'm wondering if that motor would have a steel crank??

I believe it's a forged crank balancer. I just check all the charts I could find. I can't see where Mopar put A cast crank in the 440 before 1973. Should be all forged thru 72.

I hope to get over there in the evening when he gets home from work to get a look at the 340 ( if thats what it is ) before he leaves on vacation this weekend. He's looking for spending cash, so hopefully I can jump on this before then.

I'm not sure about the 440 but the last production year for the 383 in 71 used a one year only cast crank.

Hope there's some good stuff in that locked up trailer!

Auto Transport Service
Back