• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Horsing around with each other? No problem....unless it's in the classified section.

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:24 AM
Reaction score
Just don't do it in the classified section and then get pissy when a moderator deletes it and says why it was deleted. We're usually not hardasses here until someone gets pissy about something we did and acts like they own the site and do whatever they feel like. Most know that regular commentary isn't allowed and if it looks like you're soliciting business in someone's ad, friends or not, it's going to get deleted. Even if you've never posted anything for sale but have responded to someone's ad, you still need to know the rules about posting in the classified section. Dat's all.

1692106781500.png

The only time I comment in the classified section is if someone is incorrect about the part they listed,and I know what it is, or if I am interested in buying the car or parts.

The only time I comment in the classified section is if someone is incorrect about the part they listed,and I know what it is, or if I am interested in buying the car or parts.
Actually, not supposed to do that either and to use the PM system to let the OP know but....it's something we don't take to heart. The biggest problem with that is when others chime in with their opinions and then the thread takes on a new life.

Actually, not supposed to do that either and to use the PM system to let the OP know but....it's something we don't take to heart. The biggest problem with that is when others chime in with their opinions and then the thread takes on a new life.
I agree with chargervert, it's annoying when someone is representing a part that it's not. Should be fair game to call the indescrepincy out. Is this not an online community that's here to help other people.
Or are we here to screw unknowledgeable buyers out of their money.

I agree with chargervert, it's annoying when someone is representing a part that it's not. Should be fair game to call the indescrepincy out. Is this not an online community that's here to help other people.
The problem is the 'fair game' thing. Yeah, we're here to help but turning a classified ad into a bitch session isn't what's needed. If a PM to the OP doesn't help, report the ad. There's been many times when the ad turns into a bitch session and that usually doesn't accomplish much except it makes people mad.

... Should be fair game to call the indescrepincy out. Is this not an online community that's here to help other people.

But it's not fair game. It's true this is a public online forum. But the "all opinions matter" and "freedom of speech" concepts on which the internet was built and found in many discussion groups do not really apply to the classified section.

We don't make the rules, but we are asked to follow them or go elsewhere. Establishing this upfront is fair and reasonable by those who influence/operate/fund this message board. There are pros and cons to these policies. Who's to say which ones outweigh the others?

This is a controlled selling environment. There is limited transparency. While sellers may advertise parts openly, they are encouraged to conduct business privately, where they are free to price gouge and swindle in relative peace and safety.

There are many here who are good and honest people. I suspect few are abusing this system to swindle. Because if it happens, buyers are free to post their experience in other parts of the board. So there is a checks and balances system of sorts.

It's not a big deal, you can take it or leave it. Calling someone out who may be claiming a part is NOS or OEM is not really an option in the classifieds section.

My biggest disappointment with how things are run here is selling history. I appreciate few things about epay, but one of them is using it to help establish the value of an item by reviewing closed auctions and selling prices.

It would be pretty nice if we could do that here, to know what was sold, and for how much. But... again, we don't have this transparency. Sellers are free to edit and remove content after a sale and keep their asking prices not so public once a sale is made.

But it's not fair game. It's true this is a public online forum. But the "all opinions matter" and "freedom of speech" concepts on which the internet was built and found in many discussion groups do not really apply to the classified section.

We don't make the rules, but we are asked to follow them or go elsewhere. Establishing this upfront is fair and reasonable by those who influence/operate/fund this message board. There are pros and cons to these policies. Who's to say which ones outweigh the others?

This is a controlled selling environment. There is limited transparency. While sellers may advertise parts openly, they are encouraged to conduct business privately, where they are free to price gouge and swindle in relative peace and safety.

There are many here who are good and honest people. I suspect few are abusing this system to swindle. Because if it happens, buyers are free to post their experience in other parts of the board. So there is a checks and balances system of sorts.

It's not a big deal, you can take it or leave it. Calling someone out who may be claiming a part is NOS or OEM is not really an option in the classifieds section.

My biggest disappointment with how things are run here is selling history. I appreciate few things about epay, but one of them is using it to help establish the value of an item by reviewing closed auctions and selling prices.

It would be pretty nice if we could do that here, to know what was sold, and for how much. But... again, we don't have this transparency. Sellers are free to edit and remove content after a sale and keep their asking prices not so public once a sale is made.
You need to check where 'freedom of speech' applies.....in case you don't know, this is a 'privately owned' forum....

I see we aren't talking about the same topic.
My point was when a seller is advertising their wares wrongly.
" Tail lights for sale 68-70 roadrunner" ( use your imagination for examples)
Prices... not my concern whatsoever. Ask a million bucks I don't care.

I used to work at a water treatment plant,and the boss was a douche,so I used to chirp second gear by his window everyday in my 70 Charger R/T. So he called me into the office and said if you won't drive right in the plant you will have to park outside the plant,my union rep said you can't do that,this is America! He replied,America is on the other side other side of the gate! Lol

I used to work at a water treatment plant,and the boss was a douche,so I used to chirp second gear by his window everyday in my 70 Charger R/T. So he called me into the office and said if you won't drive right in the plant you will have to park outside the plant,my union rep said you can't do that,this is America! He replied,America is on the other side other side of the gate! Lol
Used to tell my guys at the plant the best that they could hope for was a "benevolent dictatorship." :lol:

Like it was said many posts ago, we aren't being hard asses just doing our best to keep things running smoothly and according to how Joey wants things done.

Auto Transport Service
Back