• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hyrdgoon's - project angrybird

Hell yeah man she's looking mean! Bet you can't wait to fire that monster off
:eek:ccasion14:

I'm definitely getting stoked but it's almost a bag of mixed emotions right now as it just feels like Spring will never come to get to drive the damn thing! lol.

Doing a great job that's for sure! Motor looks awesome...but do I see an A/C Delco oil filter??? :icon_eek:

I like it turquoise.

I'm happy with the turquoise too and glad I went (and stayed) that route! As far as the oil filter goes... I'll be damned if you're not right but all I have right now is my own pics to go by so I've been straining my eyes to see! lol That's the filter it got shipped with from the builder so it won't be on long that's for sure!

Another monster about to fire, I'll be waiting on the video:popcorn:. Man does that look nice in there and I know what you mean about the space, I thought the engine bay was pretty big until I dropped the motor in and had to buy different plug wires.

I'll have a video up as soon as I can I promise that much! In a good way for me work has gotten crazy (gotta make the $$ to payoff this winters projects!!) So my resto-guy and now buddy is on a tear to finish this thing up and make space in his shop alongside the other 2 B-bodies he's working on right now (gonna convert this guy to a Mopar guy yet! lol) I can't believe how fast everything is coming together and the attention to detail and pre-emptive thinking for a guy who has done this with high end restos as a career for the past 12 years! He has also been taking plenty of pics I've been told to upload to a USB stick when he's done so I'll have a lot more to post with the processes.

I wish I could be more hands on especially at this point as a learning experience but am much much happier to see work picking up after a slow year. The next smaller phase of this project I'm on my own... once his end is complete we're loading it up on an enclosed trailer back to my garage where I'm going to pull the seats and carpet and either attempt to re-foam the seat myself (I've saved a few good "how-to" threads here) or have it done, pull the carpet and lay down the jute pad, install my new Bilstein's and drop the front end an inch or two. And then hopefully start driving the thing again!

I'm definitely getting stoked but it's almost a bag of mixed emotions right now as it just feels like Spring will never come to get to drive the damn thing! lol.

I'm happy with the turquoise too and glad I went (and stayed) that route! As far as the oil filter goes... I'll be damned if you're not right but all I have right now is my own pics to go by so I've been straining my eyes to see! lol That's the filter it got shipped with from the builder so it won't be on long that's for sure!

I'll have a video up as soon as I can I promise that much! In a good way for me work has gotten crazy (gotta make the $$ to payoff this winters projects!!) So my resto-guy and now buddy is on a tear to finish this thing up and make space in his shop alongside the other 2 B-bodies he's working on right now (gonna convert this guy to a Mopar guy yet! lol) I can't believe how fast everything is coming together and the attention to detail and pre-emptive thinking for a guy who has done this with high end restos as a career for the past 12 years! He has also been taking plenty of pics I've been told to upload to a USB stick when he's done so I'll have a lot more to post with the processes.

I wish I could be more hands on especially at this point as a learning experience but am much much happier to see work picking up after a slow year. The next smaller phase of this project I'm on my own... once his end is complete we're loading it up on an enclosed trailer back to my garage where I'm going to pull the seats and carpet and either attempt to re-foam the seat myself (I've saved a few good "how-to" threads here) or have it done, pull the carpet and lay down the jute pad, install my new Bilstein's and drop the front end an inch or two. And then hopefully start driving the thing again!

Man I'm just the opposite, wayy too much $h!t to do before spring gets here lol! Oh well. Sounds like a good plan though having him get the big stuff out of the way and you can have fun getting all the pieces back together. Can't wait to see the vid!

I wish I had real updates unfortunately I've been crazy with work and the guy who has my car had to jump off it and go do a wiring job on a crazy pro-touring (Viper V10 Powered) Cuda. (I'll try and grab some pics of this car sometime it's BADDASS)

So obviously first fire-up didn't happen this week as intended but given they are calling for wintery weather here into April I guess I'm not in a big rush.

The only other things I can update....

My Bilsteins arrived and that was a bit of a headache with shipping since the box was slightly damaged they stopped it at the border and it took 2 weeks to get to me. On the Plus side PST's customer service was absolutely amazing with instant replies to my emails and follow-up on their part I was extremely impressed... On the downside (and this is something I communicated to James) for the high cost of shipping here I anticipated it would have been couriered through a broker or at least sent by courier itself. (the shipping Charge was $90 and cost me another $30 at the P.O. here when I picked it up) Instead they sent USPS so I know that would not have been that expensive to ship .... Hell my 600lb motor was only $300 and got to me in three days! Hopefully this is something they'll take into future consideration and I find it unfortunate because I want to deal with them but shipping costs that high would prevent me in the future.

Next up I've been trying to order my custom 522 Call-out's from the same guy that did them for Propwash and Moparcanuck. (www.customautoemblems.net) I originally contacted them Jan 28, 2014 and heard back February 5th with an cost estimate to which I replied "please go ahead and let me know how you accept payment) Since the 5th I have emailed twice and called and left a voicemail with no reply. Not sure what is happening here yet but I know Prop and MC had good luck with him so trying not to judge just yet.... I will keep you all posted though!

And last but not least... New Plates Arrived this week! So with the arrival of the shocks and plates I had something to be excited about at least! It looks like I'll miss first fire this week but I've asked it to be recorded if I can't be there so I'll share with you guys.

Here's this weeks goodies!

IMAG1225.jpgIMAG1228_1.jpg

Sorry to hear your about the hefty shipping charges but hope you enjoy them as much as paladin. I'm looking forward to getting my own set for all 4 corners

I'm positive that they'll be worth the $$ and will deifinitely post my thoughts once I have them installed. Looking forward to getting my car home so I can get them on (and then wait to drive it! lol) Given you get free shipping and don't have to swallow a crappy exchange rate like I do I think you'll be plenty happy all around with the cost and the impeccable customer service!

sweet, the plates are awesome, and cant wait to here it fire up.

Hell yeah thats a good feeling getting plates! Like "wow maybe this huge shop ornament is actually a car I can drive someday" lol

sweet, the plates are awesome, and cant wait to here it fire up.

Thanks and should be soon! **fingers crossed**

Hell yeah thats a good feeling getting plates! Like "wow maybe this huge shop ornament is actually a car I can drive someday" lol

Mine is on the road already with custom HYRDGOON plates in fact but I decided to change to the NGRYBIRD plates with some convincing from a few buddies... I've been driving the car since 09 so if everything goes to plan it shouldn't skip a beat and I'll be right back in it this spring with the few "minor" modifications of course ;)

**Update** Finally heard back from Customautoemblems.net I guess their mill was down so he wanted to be sure he could service me before he replied or took payment (I appreciate that but a "we're having some technical issues email would have been nice)

SO! with that said custom 522 Call-outs are ordered :)

**Update** Finally heard back from Customautoemblems.net I guess their mill was down so he wanted to be sure he could service me before he replied or took payment (I appreciate that but a "we're having some technical issues email would have been nice)

SO! with that said custom 522 Call-outs are ordered :)

That's COOL GOON ! ! ! Can't wait to see them . . .

( had to come stick my nose in here and see how you've been doing on your build - got kinda busy myself with things )

LOL, that's kinda funny because that's exactly how I felt the first time I drove mine out of the garage under it's own power after owning it for ten years. It just didn't seam right it moving by itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Bet those call outs will look pretty sharp on it and those plates are sweet, making me regret not getting custom plates for mine.

LOL, that's kinda funny because that's exactly how I felt the first time I drove mine out of the garage under it's own power after owning it for ten years. It just didn't seam right it moving by itself.

747Mopar & Speedy - - - What's this thing you guys are talking about - "moving under it's own power" ? ? ? What's that mean ? ? ? ( sigh )

Glad to hear he finally got back with you, and sorry to hear about all the lag time. I feel bad for recommending those folks, being the "in the dark scenario" they left you in. I'd be getting pretty ticked too. I didn't have that issue with them and would have thought twice about recommending them if I did. You're right, a simple email or phone call would have sufficed.

They do make a quality product, so hopefully that will smooth out your nerves a bit when they arrive. Let us know when you get them and what you think. Afterwards I'd like to give them a call and explain how their lack or communication & lag is causing some bad vibes on the airwaves. Of course I'd leave out names. Just sucks to see a small specialized business, that does really good custom work, shoot themselves in the foot like that.

That's COOL GOON ! ! ! Can't wait to see them . . .

( had to come stick my nose in here and see how you've been doing on your build - got kinda busy myself with things )

Heck I need to stick my nose in on my own build to see how it's doing! LOL Work has gotten absolutely crazy (which I'm happy about) so I will barely get to see my car for the next while but I did get word today that it was fired up and "SOUNDS NASTY!!" So in the home stretch for having this thing ready before the season starts!

Glad to hear he finally got back with you, and sorry to hear about all the lag time. I feel bad for recommending those folks, being the "in the dark scenario" they left you in. I'd be getting pretty ticked too. I didn't have that issue with them and would have thought twice about recommending them if I did. You're right, a simple email or phone call would have sufficed.

They do make a quality product, so hopefully that will smooth out your nerves a bit when they arrive. Let us know when you get them and what you think. Afterwards I'd like to give them a call and explain how their lack or communication & lag is causing some bad vibes on the airwaves. Of course I'd leave out names. Just sucks to see a small specialized business, that does really good custom work, shoot themselves in the foot like that.

No worries Will, I would like to think that mine was more the exception to the norm because I do know that both yourself and Bernie had good experiences. All I care right now is that he eventually did get back to me and to be honest I have respect for him as a small business man for not taking my money until he knew he was ready to fill the order... So as long as the product is up to snuff when it gets here I don't have any ill feelings whatsoever :)

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Bet those call outs will look pretty sharp on it and those plates are sweet, making me regret not getting custom plates for mine.

I'm surprised you didn't get custom plates! But there's always time for that

Way to go Mike - the dyno run sounded great - looks like your making good progress!

Some updated pics. Definitely didn't have much clearance from pulleys to rad fans! Might have to look into some poly mounts too (would rather not go rigid) because that thing shakes like crazy in there!
This was also my first look after deciding to do the amber Krylon treatment to my high-beams.... Still not sure if I love it but think I'll keep it as is for this season

- - - Updated - - -

aaaaand maybe a short vid of start-up with open headers.... We agreed it sounds like a pull truck as you'll hear! lol

(notsurewhy I flipped the camera around I think I was just excited!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDaz1te-rVY

- - - Updated - - -

aaaaand maybe a short vid of start-up with open headers.... We agreed it sounds like a pull truck as you'll hear! lol

(notsurewhy I flipped the camera around I think I was just excited!)

Attachments

• IMAG1245.jpg
    IMAG1245.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 545
  • IMAG1247.jpg
    IMAG1247.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 548
  • IMAG1248.jpg
    IMAG1248.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 561
  • IMAG1249.jpg
    IMAG1249.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 550
  • IMAG1251.jpg
    IMAG1251.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 565
  • IMAG1252.jpg
    IMAG1252.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 565
  • IMAG1254.jpg
    IMAG1254.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 557
Sounds like a race motor to me! I ran solid mounts in a race car and didn't really feel that much vibration. You can run a solid mount on the driver's side and rubber everywhere else....

Hey Fellas,

I have 2 separate issues and would appreciate any feedback

1) The new engine is shaking like crazy on those mounts. Considering the Mity Mounts Prop suggested in another thread and saw Tallhair had some suggestions too. Are mounts the way to go or some sort of bracing or strap?

2) My clutch pedal is behaving differently... I kept the same centreforce clutch I had before but I did replace the disc just as a "while I'm here sort of thing" The over center spring is removed but now my clutch is behaving like the spring is on there giving more resistance on the way up?? the way down feels softer but the pedal really wants to push my foot up?? any ideas what might have changed?

Thought I would share these pics with you guys.... When I dropped my car off at the shop last fall the owner said his buddy had just got ahold of a 70 Charger Barnfind and there was a 70 GTX next to it that he was going to look at... I guess the old man had passed and his wife was downsizing and unloading the cars... He picked up the GTX as a flip but decided to advertise it as a project and couldn't believe how much action the car got and sold immediately... here's what he brought home

GTX.jpgGTX1.jpgGTX2.jpgGTX3.jpgGTX4.jpgGTX5.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back