• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I think the neighbors are Pissed!

OldFolksMopar

Local time
3:03 AM
Reaction score
The hauler will be here today. (yesterday) So I get to sit around all day waiting on it. The fella that bought the car called at 8:30 P.M. to ask if they had picked up the car. I said No! So he does the calling around thing and calls me back with info. The guy I sold the car to has been waiting almost 5 weeks to get it picked up. I said if they get here, they can load it. Well the hauler guy called at 9:00 last night and asked if they could pick up the car.

As usual, those neighbors that were up, had to come out and see what was going on. Didn't last long it was passed their bed time. Were old people around here so were all in bed by 9:00 ha ha!

After having to re-arrange cars it was all said and done at 11:30. Well passed my bedtime as well!!

Every year I fish and then on the Labor day weekend, I put on a big fish fry for the neighbors. I think that will make up for the inconvenience. The free beer helps a lot!

I am so happy for the new owner to be getting his car in a few days. Another one going to CA. Again thanks to Diesel Dazzle (Dan) for assisting in this sale.

I can only imagine how many stories about shipping and receiving cars there are. You got any? Larry

I shipped a few motorcycles, used a company called 2 wheel express or x-press, something like that, they had a moffet with an enclosed trailer, they had pallets made up for specific bikes with the tiedowns already bolted to the pallet. So you pulled the bike on the pallet, they strapped it down, covered it with a soft flexi cover, picked it up with the moffet loaded it on the trailer and moved it into place with a pallet jack. It was very efficient, never had a complaint, wish I had a better story, lol.. but I was always impressed how well this company had everything figured out and used to look forward to shipping bikes..

As far as your neighbors go, you had to do what you had to do, its not like you and your wife were on the lawn throwing dishes at each other at 2 am, or you kids band was holding death metal band practice in the garage at midnight... Just shipping a car, no big deal...

Hi Larry and Seventy
Yup, I shipped my 69 Boss 302 from Ohio to Edwards AFB in 1997
Funny thing, late (I'm old now too) at night
10PM it arrived.
Bunch of people awoken, all came out to see it.
The Shipper/driver was beat and tired.
My wife made him coffee
Some local neighbor told me he had a "Mustang" just like it.
LOL

The guy I sold the car to has been waiting almost 5 weeks to get it picked up. I said if they get here, they can load it. Well the hauler guy called at 9:00 last night and asked if they could pick up the car.

I'll just leave it at this. If I was the buyer and you [the seller] made arrangements for pick-up, I'd be extremely pissed waiting 5 weeks!
Who's this company so that I know not to ever use them? Glad it got done outside the hassle.

Oh have I got a story about shipping a car.....
So as you guys know I bought the 70 charger 500 out of south Dakota. Well this is when problems started. The transport couldn't get up the mountain roads to the car so the old owner had to load it up and drive it an hour south just to get it loaded.Ok not to bad so far right . So then we have the 4-5 day shipping time. Well this turned into 8. I'm told it was because every stop they had to pull my car off and push it back on .(The ignition wire fell off after it was loaded the first time)
So finally my car was in Florida. The driver calls (this is Saturday morning) says he should be there around 11am because he wanted to be home for Easter morning with his kids (witch was Sunday) well I waited and waited finely by 6 pm I called he said he's still coming he got held up at the drop off before mine (guy wasn't there) he said he would be there soon . Ok I say ,so 10 pm rolls by I call agen he said he's almost there ,I tell him it's getting very late ,he says he sorry and that the car is to be dropped of before Sunday so he could go home.I say fine please hurry. Well it's 2am and here comes a 18 wheeler down my residential street. I get him to turn the truck off at least. Then we go to unload the car he says how are we getting it off ? I said drive it ,it runs .he explained it ran getting on but wouldn't start after that . So I look and see the wire hanging plug it in and fired her up .So at 2-3 am on Easter Sunday I was out in the street warming up a big block with duel 40 series flowmasters so it would drive up into the garage. Yeah that was prity bad.luckily all the people on my street like me enough not to call the cops . So the next morning I had some explaining to do. I was told I woke the new born vast next door .. so that's my good story the others arnt as good
One guy bringing my 51 Chevy truck from Texas to fl crushed the roof on it with his trucks hydraulics then getting it off the trailer pushed it into the side of his trailer bending the rear fender. Obviously he didn't get payed .

Last one I sold took 6 weeks for pick-up. My home address is hard to get a truck into and my offer to meet at the interstate ignored. Found about the "board" when you book with most of the companies they post your price on the common board and the truckers pick from the top at their convenience. My buyer had to keep adding to his original "low ball" price and finally after 6 weeks a guy picked it up.

A friend of mine used to haul professionally as a one-man operation. Unfortunately, he recently retired. The three times I used him to haul for me - twice as a buyer and once as a seller - the longest I had to wait was twelve days for pickup on either end. The three times I shipped to Germany was a little longer - 14 days each time - from the time of the agreed pickup to the time the cars were actually picked up.

I knew there had to be several shipping stories out there. Ski, I can't count that high for as many times as that other person that says, he had one just like it. Give me a break! Idiots. Larry

Auto Transport Service
Back