• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is doing donuts bad for your car?

jenkins71

Local time
12:56 PM
Reaction score
Yesterday I was doing some donut/drift type maneuvers in my 71 charger with 440, 4 speed, and 3.55 sure grip. It was in a wet parking lot, and was a lot of fun.

I was wondering -- is this at all bad for your car? Other than the excessive wear on your tires.

It's just so much fun!

Next time shoot video!!!!!!

I will recommend however, don't do donuts when its well below zero, did that once back in the 80's in my Roadrunner, and the sidewall gave way pretty quickly!!!! Thankfully there were 4 of us in the car, and its the fastest tire change ever on my car, because when its 25 below zero, there is a high motivation factor not to be out in the cold very long!!! hahahahhahahaha

It will put undo wear on your suspension parts but deff worth every sec of fun just keep it in the wet and you'll be fine . We need video of the next time out maybe a go pro video from over the rear wheels

Frozen lakes are more fun and less chance of hurting anything

If it was, my car would be worn out by now.

in a word, yes. but ****, that's half the fun!!! lol

like mentioned above, doing in the wet is not as bad, but not great either.

Wet parking lots is where I learned how to abuse a car then graduated to open beaches then dry parking lots :grin:

Actually I heard if you own an old muscle car you are required to do heavy power brakes and donuts at least every other month to maintain your current man card.

Actually I heard if you own an old muscle car you are required to do heavy power brakes and donuts at least every other month to maintain your current man card.

Oh damn, ok cool, didn't realize, haha

- - - Updated - - -

in a word, yes. but ****, that's half the fun!!! lol

like mentioned above, doing in the wet is not as bad, but not great either.

What do you mean "yes?" Is it bad for the ball joints or something?

- - - Updated - - -

Well it's a little rough if you slide the car into something!!!

Man, hard to watch...

well yes, cuz like mentioned above, it will put some strain on suspension parts (leafs, shock mounts, rear end bearings) but the strain is lessened when it is wet.

honestly, if everything underneath is in good shape, have at it!!!

if you have junky GREEN axle bearings it wont make it home.

image.jpgDonuts and drag racing? Bad? I thought that was what they were made for. Don't hit light poles or end up in jail. Some things are reasonably safe DEPENDING on location and conditions. Have some fun. I know someone who has a Viper. Says he has never "got on it. Ever. Just looks at it. What a waste.

Screw the ball joints, man. If they'll can't handle a donut, they don't belong on the car.

- - - Updated - - -

I know someone who has a Viper. Says he has never "got on it. Ever. Just looks at it. What a waste.

That's like sleeping with a beautiful woman and waking up well rested.

It can't be bad, Every little punk with a Honda or Mustang is marking up all the intersections here
I'm sure if it were bad for their cars they wouldn't do it..:edgy:

Auto Transport Service
Back