• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's not for sale spin-off

426HemiCharger

Local time
12:02 AM
Reaction score
I was perrusing 69clone's post about the curious man wanting to buy his car and I couldn't help but think that this only occurs because todays cars are boring and not good enough. The classic car was not a classic car at one point in time and they recieve such attention because they are not common anymore. Please elaborate...

I agree 100% The reason i desire old cars is, Raw HP, no high tech computer systems controlling everything, It was an awesome era for cars, I didn't want to be in the crowd i wanted to stand out of the crowd, I heard a quote from someone saying newer cars come to a car show with all this work done to draw attention but all a classic/muscle car has to do is SHOW UP! Our cars have so much style and soul. You could be driving a 2010 challenger around town and not draw anyone's attention but if it was a 70' chally everyone and there mom would notice!

8-5-1 compression w/ 400 hp = Computerized Muscle Cars. But, hey, it keeps Flowmaster in business.:angry7:

I agree 100% The reason i desire old cars is, Raw HP, no high tech computer systems controlling everything, It was an awesome era for cars, I didn't want to be in the crowd i wanted to stand out of the crowd, I heard a quote from someone saying newer cars come to a car show with all this work done to draw attention but all a classic/muscle car has to do is SHOW UP! Our cars have so much style and soul. You could be driving a 2010 challenger around town and not draw anyone's attention but if it was a 70' chally everyone and there mom would notice!

Exactly, I can relate aswell. I was working on my Charger in my driveway and a couple of guys walk up the street to the garage sale across from my house, and I hear one say "Hey look, a Charger" then the other guy says" but it's an R/T" The attention is nice and really makes you feel proud, like it is a great privilage.:headbang:

Auto Transport Service
Back