• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's their world now...

Ghostrider 67

Jack Stand Racer #6..and proud of it!
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:32 AM
Reaction score
Like it or not, the world is now the province of the younger techno generations. Our way of life is gone, for the most part, and it isn't coming back. When I see pictures like this I just feel like it's for nostalgia purposes and not likely to be a good thing for the kid in the long run. He will have to soak up the tech savvy or get left behind. Horses and ranch life is almost gone. Will be gone, if the youngsters have their way. Society in the West is careening towards an AI singularity. Everything will be used via tech.

It's their world now, and welcome to it. We had our time, and our time isn't their time.

1702591219341.png

Not yet, boomers still hold a little over 50% of the wealth in the U.S. while only being 20% of the population now.
I’m not going down without a fight
But you have reminded me to show my grandkids more wholesome experiences away from all the tech stuff

Yeah: They're peeing it away. It will be interesting when they discover they don't know how to fight against the slavery that's coming their way. Not our fault. We worked hard and enjoyed what we worked for, that's over now because they think it's free.

Look at tv commercials ….. the only ones aimed at ‘Us’ are pharmaceutical companies pushing their latest wonder drugs.

The joke is on them when they realize that they gave away their freedom for promises from a government 33 trillion dollars in debt! I tried to tell my kids,but they don't want to hear it! I sent two normal kids to college and got back two Burnie Sanders liberals!

Strong Men create good times

Good times create weak Men

Weak men create hard times

Hard times create strong Men

This is the cycle our species has followed over and over again throughout history. Which one do you think we're in right now?

When you figure it out, teach your youngins what comes next...

Our way of life is gone, for the most part, and it isn't coming back.
Yeah I remember how it once was being a geezer now. I had worked maybe ten-years when tech impacted my job pretty quickly. Used to be no cell phones, no laptops, using secretaries for the clerical work. Then handed a laptop to do…the clerical work too, typing up those stupid-lengthy field reports. Some of them could be 30 friggin pages with all the crap required to be ‘reported’. Then given crap about the decrease in the number of field visits per week. Aha, I now spend 15-20 hours a week doing what the secretaries, who were canned, USED to do…and there’s a question about less field vs more office time? No salary increases either. I usually would put in 50 hours a week as it was and 60-65 wasn’t going to happen given no OT. It didn’t get better over the decades either, even after starting my own biz having a few captive insurer clients working as an independent contractor. Their reports were mostly electronic forms, not the same form, they’d have several separate ones totaling 200+ questions, most of them requiring a narrative in each section, and then a concluding - narrative. Lol, about every year, their reports added more friggin questions. Never liked it, but it was a living to supplement other work I did to pay the bills. I cut that BS work out first as a sequential step-down toward retiring over a two-year period.

One time back when having a couple beers with a guy in the department our reports were sent to, asked him, do you guys actually READ the long reports we send to you? He laughed and said F-no. I go to the last pages where it has your ending comments section and recommendations.

had to go to a 2 hour mandatory diversity class what bull **** the lady giving glass was a nut case the world is lost

Look at tv commercials ….. the only ones aimed at ‘Us’ are pharmaceutical companies pushing their latest wonder drugs.

you could get a potentially fatal bacterial infection in the skin of your perineum

I can see how that is perceived...
Not all of US or our kids are dependent on tech...
Even if we use it from time to time...

Sometimes I think a 13 y/o knows more about tech than I do
& probably do, he/she depends more on it than I do too...

I know many (well a few good ones) that could care less about tech ****
don't do most social media, they just do E-mails to keep in touch
& shop online some, not prisoners of their cell phones...
Including the 6, I raised, mostly by myself, put them thru school
all my 2) nieces & nephews (older sisters kids),
my boy (Navy Lifer) & 3 girls...
All married good spouses
& none of them lives the inner-shittys life, all live rural
all can fend for themselves or can hunt or raise/plant their own food
(except my boy, still single & loving it, traveling the world on Uncle Sam's dime)

They aren't dependent or handcuffed on/by Tech
they know how to use it too, just don't rely on it...
My niece 'is sort of', she runs a 'not-for-profit' & travels the world
makes great $$$ too...
She has to keep up with the latest ****, sort of,
to keep the $$$/donation rolling in, by all means & avenues
or be left behind in her industry
but;
She does know how to fend for herself, in all ways, even thou my older sister
has tried to do her damn best to ruin all or most of what I taught her,
to be self-sufficient & that you can depend on nobody, you make your own
the village didn't raise you or build it, I did or you do/did...

My neighbors' kids across the street 2 teens 16 & 19/girl & boy
Shea the boy is sharp he's tech-savvy too, just doesn't go that route
he's a wheeler-dealer, made big money selling trading tennis shoes
buying & selling cars he fixes up, gets tired of & moves on
since he was like 14
The daughter is self-sufficient too, has a dog-walking company
since she was 14, is just now starting to drive...
Their parents are good people, dad is a CalFire 'flight' big wig up here
Mom/wife teaches "real" American History & coaches soccer locally
private school
&
The next-door kids are smart as a whip, polite like no other kids I've ever known
& both 10 & 13/boy & girl all are too
Their dad is strict, great father a Calif. Fish & Game Captian/supervisor,
nearly 30 years, maybe (?) retiring later in a month or so...
Spend more time with them...
Wife/mother is a daughter (of 7 kids/siblings) of a Dairy owner/family
down in the Oakdale area, she's been there done that, by hand...
All are good kids, smart kids, tech-savvy, with good parents, great morals
taught them how to fend for themselves...

most other kids fail in comparison
it's sad, but good ones are out there still (look rurally)

The ranchers/farmers lifestyle isn't dead or gone, not yet,
not even in Calif. yet,
even if the state tries to kill them off, every damn day...
(20% of all the USAs food comes from right here, all within a few hundred miles,
100's of farms or ranches, north south east & west of me)

Govn. Newsome takes all the damn credit for all of it
& for all of our economy here (last debate), the food agriculture etc.,
all while he's trying to kill it all off, 1 farm/ranch at a time...

Teach them good morals & to have a good moral compass to guide them,
they will do well in any situation...

The ones raised in the inner-shitty's
I say; "yeah they're screwed"
they have everything delivered to them, everything is made or done for them
IMO they don't know how to fend for themselves or how to protect themselves
they depend all of that, on others doing it for them (part of the herd)
have a convenience store on every corner, have their dinner delivered
go to fast-food for lunch & freaken' Starbucks for coffee, go party, then
go home & sleep, get up & do that same thing the next day...
They are truly sheep...

My $1.25

Last edited:
I sent two normal kids to college and got back two Burnie Sanders liberals!
You too! Thought my oldest one was bad until my youngest one came home.....geez and Petes!!
had to go to a 2 hour mandatory diversity class what bull **** the lady giving glass was a nut case the world is lost
Went to that too.....bunches of rednecks in the same meeting room....is peeing and scratching my *** at the same time diverse enough!? Actually, don't think I've ever laughed so much before in that week long class lol. 'They' didn't stand a chance!
you could get a potentially fatal bacterial infection in the skin of your perineum

Oh geez, I HATE that commercial! Sure glad I have a DVR as more and more of what I watch is recorded.

Yeah, remember years ago as a manager with a dozen females in my dept going to mandated sexual harassment classes. Female instructor bee-itch type, telling us all the things we CAN’T say leading to being ripe for firing. I asked her a couple questions about what I’d have occasion to say, such as “Your outfit looks nice; is it new?” NOPE. How about “Like your new hair style.” NOPE. I said really; I can’t give a compliment like these they might find as a nice thing? Got a bit peeved and jokingly asked her “Can I tell my employee you look like crap today?” She was NOT amused. WTF.

I went on describing to her a fun recent chat with one of my female employees about a project. She told me to ‘eat her shorts’. Should I get her fired for this? Wasn’t all that uncommon when females would kid around sometimes more than the guys, innocent flirting and gender joking. Am I supposed to run my department like it’s church?

ALL the stupid friggin BS today about what one can and cannot say. Glad I’m retired.

Like it or not, the world is now the province of the younger techno generations. Our way of life is gone, for the most part, and it isn't coming back. When I see pictures like this I just feel like it's for nostalgia purposes and not likely to be a good thing for the kid in the long run. He will have to soak up the tech savvy or get left behind. Horses and ranch life is almost gone. Will be gone, if the youngsters have their way. Society in the West is careening towards an AI singularity. Everything will be used via tech.

It's their world now, and welcome to it. We had our time, and our time isn't their time.

View attachment 1573401
Not yet it isn't...

These are our kids, and our kids, kids. Maybe we should look in the mirror. If “we” think that it is someone else’s job to instill the values we think are important “we” are the problem. There are exceptions.

And personally, I come across a lot of impressive young people, and my fair share of older, late career duds.

I do suspect that the trend is likely unfavorable, but don’t paint with such a wide brush

Yeah, remember years ago as a manager with a dozen females in my dept going to mandated sexual harassment classes. Female instructor bee-itch type, telling us all the things we CAN’T say leading to being ripe for firing. I asked her a couple questions about what I’d have occasion to say, such as “Your outfit looks nice; is it new?” NOPE. How about “Like your new hair style.” NOPE. I said really; I can’t give a compliment like these they might find as a nice thing? Got a bit peeved and jokingly asked her “Can I tell my employee you look like crap today?” She was NOT amused. WTF.

I went on describing to her a fun recent chat with one of my female employees about a project. She told me to ‘eat her shorts’. Should I get her fired for this? Wasn’t all that uncommon when females would kid around sometimes more than the guys, innocent flirting and gender joking. Am I supposed to run my department like it’s church?

ALL the stupid friggin BS today about what one can and cannot say. Glad I’m retired.
You and me both!!!! Been gone from that hell hole for nearly 18 years now.

You should try going now a days! There are more letters to learn than the alphabet! They said there are pansexuals,I said to my coworker,that he might be one of those because he likes to be alone with his cooking ware!

I get nauseous and start to get a rash just seeing that commercial.
You haven't lived until your perineum is the size of an NFL regulation sized football! The lady in the commercial looks like the swelling has already occurred!

You and me both!!!! Been gone from that hell hole for nearly 18 years now.
Yeah, this started in the 90’s when the office I was at then was nearly 80% female. Most of them were younger and ahh…they sure knew how to have their fun. One time giving a branch training session, standing on the stage, heard one yell out from the back of the room “Strip him!” Another time when I was writing stuff on the grease board, I’d hear giggling. I’d turn around to face them and all straight faces. Later, one of them fessed up telling me, your *** wiggles when writing on the board. And yet another time at one of the office parties, standing among a crowd of our office ladies, one of them grabbed my butt hard! Whirled around, no clue who did it. No, I didn’t mind it all - at all.

Auto Transport Service
Back