• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just found this Hemi swap forum - My Hemi Swap 68

Hello!
First and Foremost, THANK YOU for taking the time to post this awesome resource!!!
I am currently installing the same package, 2006 6.1 Hemi/NAG1 Trans, into my 1967 Belvedere II. Using the HotWireAuto powertrain management system along with the Holley Blackheart Transmission Cross member. I just discovered the toner ring issue...the diameter is approximately 1" too large. I spoke with Chris last week about this and he told me about someone with the same issue that modified his toner ring. I guess that it was you? I am curious to know how you did the modification?
Also, I am waiting to hear back from Sound German Auto about their wheel speed sensor setup...per your comments in your video.
Your Charger looks and runs Great! Your attention to detail is appreciated!!

Hey thanks! Well Chris has kind of abandoned me on this. On 12/21 he told me to "stick with him and he would send me a care package with different TCM and other modules to try out". I agreed but told him I was frustrated to spend all this money and have a car that was not driveable for this simple thing. He doesn't offer a different tone ring and I mentioned again that Russell Drake has what looks like the solution.
Well as of 1/12/2022, I haven't heard from Chris nor have I ever received anything.
Tomorrow, my new tone ring and controller setup from Russell Drake at Sound German Engineering will arrive and I will be installing it into my car.
I've been holding off doing any videos pending this (and if Chris was going to follow thru on his promises).
Will have something up soon, I'm hoping this will not only fit (as it mounts in front of the output propeller) but also gets rid of the 2 ABS sensors with only 1 sensor.
Stay tuned......
Ryan

Since you’re done not a problem but there is a 4 finger flange for the output shaft, off a Dodge Sprinter Van, can use driveshaft too just needs to be shortened. Made the same as the one you had made up but no adapter.

Since you’re done not a problem but there is a 4 finger flange for the output shaft, off a Dodge Sprinter Van, can use driveshaft too just needs to be shortened. Made the same as the one you had made up but no adapter.
I've seen them on eBay

Look at that.
Just received my Russell Drake NAG1 solution tonight (1 day early I might add).
Now to get this installed!

Sound_German_Eng.jpg

Here's a few progress pics from last night -

1. Using a 30mm socket, remove the rear output flange and slide it off output shaft.
2. Slide on new tone ring with indentions facing rear of car.
3. Slide factory output flange back on and reinstall 30mm nut and tighten.
4. Next I installed my 3 to 4 bolt 1350 u-joint adapter and bolted it up.
5. Then it was time to remove the upper NAG1 mount to crossmember bolt to install the sensor mount.
6.. Put bolt thru mount first and then install sensor - ensure sensor and jam nut are flush to each other.
7. It's tight so an open-end wrench is necessary to tighten the mount and bolt back up.
8. Ensure all connections are tight and run wire so not to interfere with any moving parts.

Tonight I'll finish up the wiring to the plug and it will be ready to test.

IMG_9533.jpg

IMG_9534.jpg

IMG_9535.jpg

IMG_9536.jpg

IMG_9537.jpg

New vids coming today.

1st one up -
New water pump for the Hemi.
Resolved a water leak that was driving me nuts.

Next video today, on this cold, icy and rainy day it's something to do (edit vids).

So here's what you've been waiting for, did the Russell Drake (Sound German Automotive) solution fix my NAG1 transmission shifting issues?

How many times did you hit your head on the purple hornies? :p

How many times did you hit your head on the purple hornies? :p
A couple!! LOL! I actually hate them, but they were temporary (and cheap!) while TTI exhaust made my 3" system which should be here next week.

First thing I thought watching, why didn't he take those stupid things off so he can get in there!

First thing I thought watching, why didn't he take those stupid things off so he can get in there!
It's actually not that bad, looks worse than it is. But they are coming off in the next week.

Installation of TTI, Inc. exhaust system - 3" with X-pipe.

Link to video -

So in your water pump video you state "don't put silicone on the gasket" however just before you installed it you had a tube of something you were applying.. what was that?

So in your water pump video you state "don't put silicone on the gasket" however just before you installed it you had a tube of something you were applying.. what was that?
Great question. That is a small dab of dielectric grease on the o-ring for the hard-line tube that connects on the front of the water pump.
This allows it to slide in easily without tearing.
But you don't put anything on the gasket between the water pump and the engine block/front cover and it seals up fine.

Got the Charger aligned.
Here's the specs my alignment guy tried to achieve for me -
Caster - +3.5*
Camber - -0.5*
Toe - 1/16"

Nice to see the NAG1 is finally getting some aftermarket support - I ended up going with a Viper spec T-56 instead of the NAG1 because back in 2009 there was NO support what-so-ever...

Couple new vids up today.
1 is the heater hose hardline located under the intake manifold.
2 is the tire upgrade front and rear.

Video of water line o-ring replacement -

Video of tire upgrade -

phonto(3).jpg

IMG_2265.jpg

IMG_2264.jpg

IMG_2260.jpg

What type of brake boost are you running? hydro, vac or electric? Do you like the feel and where did you find it?

Auto Transport Service
Back