• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just found this Hemi swap forum - My Hemi Swap 68

Thanks for the comments/feedback.
My TTI headers fit like a glove and I definitely recommend them unless you are just wanting the stock type manifolds for other reasons.

Pic of engine mount and where I had to cut a small piece off back of the AC compressor to allow it to fit.
View attachment 1392507

This is what my front engine accessories look like -
View attachment 1392508

Prior to install -
View attachment 1392509

I don't have any good pics around the steering box or starter, but next time I have the car on the lift, I'll snap some for

Thanks Ryan. What did you use for your trans filler tube?
I did an out of the box solution for my car. I had a Lokar transmission dipstick from my TTSaleen project where I had adapted their p/n PA68404 which is actually for a Ford F150 application. It’s a little long, but I used it so I could cut it down and fit it to my car. In order to do this, you have to trim the outer tube (braided line) and the inner dipstick to match properly. It comes up right at the firewall at the passenger side valve cover. The end that goes into the transmission I had to mis-mash the factory rubber insert to the Lokar end and use a clamp to keep them tight. But it doesn't leak and now I have a way to check fluid and fill, which is NICE.

lokar.jpg

Thanks! You are sure a great resource to have! Any chance you can post a picture of where you ran your shifter cable through the firewall? I’m planning to swap my factory buddy seat for a center console and a very similar install to yours and want to make sure I locate the cable in a spot that is does not end up too short! Thanks again!

Did you use a new shifter cable for the trans? If so which part number?

I've found part number 68067439ae and it's from a Jeep, but it only is 18 inches long/short. I want to redirect the cable through the firewall back to the trans, so i don't think 18 inches is long enough.
Maybe you could run the cable through the tunnel roof like I did. Mine is a different set-up though since I am using my stock shifter and I have the 545RFE transmission. I don't recall what I got my cable from but I had to shorten it and adapt it to my stock shifter. Here is a pic of how mine came through. It all fits under the console nicely. I think my cable was about 38" long and ended up about 28." Even going through the floor, I think 18" is too short also.

100_7360.JPG

100_7397.JPG

Thanks! You are sure a great resource to have! Any chance you can post a picture of where you ran your shifter cable through the firewall? I’m planning to swap my factory buddy seat for a center console and a very similar install to yours and want to make sure I locate the cable in a spot that is does not end up too short! Thanks again!
Here's where I have the factory 2006 Dodge Charger Daytona shift cable going thru firewall. Once covered by carpet, you'd never know it.
Also a shot of the 2006 shifter (required with this swap) installed in the 68 console.
IMG_0500.jpg
IMG_0501.jpg
IMG_0504.jpg
IMG_0502.jpg

The cable is only for park or does the nag1 physically have a shift lever?

The cable is only for park or does the nag1 physically have a shift lever?
Oh it has a shift lever for P, R,N, and D. But from there it is electronic and you can rock the shifter left or right to activate manual mode for shift-it-yourself.

Oh it has a shift lever for P, R,N, and D. But from there it is electronic and you can rock the shifter left or right to activate manual mode for shift-it-yourself.
I meant on the actual trans. Like the TF8 only has a physical neutral/park.

Ok, so another question that I’m not sure about. With the old oil pan having the dust cover and support integrated, what did you do with the Holley pan to cover the TC?

You make one out of sheet metal or the last I saw they were available from the aftermarket.

You make one out of sheet metal or the last I saw they were available from the aftermarket.
Ok, so another question that I’m not sure about. With the old oil pan having the dust cover and support integrated, what did you do with the Holley pan to cover the TC?
Exactly.
I made one out of some old flat stock metal I had laying around to cover it for safety.

I meant on the actual trans. Like the TF8 only has a physical neutral/park.
Yes. I had to massage the floor to clear the lever mechanism to have full articulation forward and back and not hit during its travel.

Ryan - Getting ready to get my driveshaft made. Did you not remove the helicoils in the tone ring to allow you to use nuts and longer bolts? The M12 bolts that come with the GFORCE adapter look to be about the exact length if it was fine to use the tone ring as the only means of securing it all. I'm not sure on this option and wanted to get your opinion. I've also been told the Sonnax T35-GMFD-01K is a good option. Still would have the same question on securing it all. I can't locate anything that tells what the thread pitch is on teh helicoils of it they have a specific torque spec. Hopefully someone knows.

tonering.jpg

Ryan - Getting ready to get my driveshaft made. Did you not remove the helicoils in the tone ring to allow you to use nuts and longer bolts? The M12 bolts that come with the GFORCE adapter look to be about the exact length if it was fine to use the tone ring as the only means of securing it all. I'm not sure on this option and wanted to get your opinion. I've also been told the Sonnax T35-GMFD-01K is a good option. Still would have the same question on securing it all. I can't locate anything that tells what the thread pitch is on teh helicoils of it they have a specific torque spec. Hopefully someone knows.
Sorry I don't have the exact bolt dimension/specs as I went to a local hardware store (ACE) and matched up bolts/nuts similar to factory bolts.
I then had actually cut them down slightly as they were a little too long.
So it took me a little longer to get that right but I didn't drill out the threads in the adapter, my bolts are ever-so-slightly smaller in diameter and can thread thru those openings but I needed a nut on the back to hold the ring on properly.

IMG_9536.jpg

IMG_9537.jpg

Started the 8 3/4 upgrade for the 68 Charger.
Got all the parts from Cass - www.doctordiff.com

Sure-Grip differential
3.73 gears
Bearing and seal kit
New axles with green bearings installed

Here's my 1st video taking it apart.

Here's my 2nd video. Took a little longer to get this completed due to the work load at the shop, but it's worth it!

Got my 8.5" rear Vector wheels installed yesterday and got around to shooting a pretty cool video.
Check it out.

Auto Transport Service
Back