• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lakewood bell housing install 69 Runner

pro-streeter

Local time
3:41 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone installed a lakewood scatter shield on a 69 Road Runner? I am having problems with the z bar clutch linkage. Seems to long now. Any help or direction would be great.

im not sure but is the lakewood part designed for the zbar? the reason i ask is i know ive seen a hydraulic clutch conversion for our cars and maybe thats what this housing is designed for???

I ran a Lakewood one piece bell housing in my 68 RR and seems to me there was a custom welded bracket for the ball stud. I got it used from a guy that had it in a big block A body and he put the bracket on to make the bell crank line up. I still have it and should look at it to refresh my memory. I plan to run this same bell in my 69 RR so I should do some investigating!

Please do investigate. It will be helpful to me. Thanks for any assistance.

OK, I dug it out and found the ball stud still on it. Only evidence of the custom welded bracket remains but the ball stud is in one of the factory Lakewood threaded holes. I'd post a picture but my camera is at the bottom of the lake as of yesterday.

Auto Transport Service
Back