• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Legitimate Street Car ET's

okay i'll throw my 2 ton tuna boat into the equation. i drive it about 450 miles a year in the summer time only of course, because i'm in alaska. can't use pump gas(14 cr), so i use vp c16(which is expensive). it is street legal,factory tubs,leaf spring suspension,through the mufflers,4000lbs with me in it,all steel and a foot brake. the car runs 10.30@136mph on motor and 9.20@148 with a 300 shot of nos with m/t 29x10.5w slick. not as street as some and a bit more street than others.

My 69 superbee has 440 and auto with hi stall converter. dont know whats inside the engine but its real lumpy I would say 500 or so HP based on other cars I have owned.
Has a LSD and low gears, I think 4.56, so it hooks into second early on. When I got it it ran 12.5 first time on street style E/T slicks. Next meet I had put on a new quick fuel 850 holley, and it ran 12.2 straight away, 110mph at the end.
What do you guys rev your engines to?
Do you guys think If I rev it over 3200rpm I might go faster….? Ha. ha.
Seriusly tho' it gets street driven all the time but is 3500rpm at 70 or so MPH, so if I can find a 3.23 or similar LSD diff head I will swap it out, more for cruising.

This is your chance to brag on that Mopar Muscle that we all know and love!

I have hooked up late night on rural roads with a Dodge Stealth, Pontiac Firebird or Trans Am (late model), Ford Lightning, and a mid 90's Camaro SS. Out of these the Ford Lightning was the fastest because it was turbo charged. I was in high gear before I caught it and this was due to my running total street tires. I have since mounted some drag radials to limit wheelspin. The Camaro had nitrous and sounded strong but was weak. I don't go out looking for races because I am a family man, but I have been provoked in the past. There are lots of Chevy hot rodders around but no body is jumping at the opportunity to get some of my Mopar.

Is there anyone else or has Obummernomics got you so strapped for cash that the street brawler is having to sit for a while?

Okay my downunder 4 door land yacht

408/727 with 3.9 gears

12.7@107mph
Drive it everywhere rain or not

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_0023 (4).jpg
    Copy of IMG_0023 (4).jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 561
  • IMG_0025 (9).jpg
    IMG_0025 (9).jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 547
That's NICE and FAST my Friend!!!!!!!

I sold a 68 RR HT last spring/summer 3520lbs 479ci 6bbl 727 auto 8.750" rear CalTracs on MT 315/15 Drag radials, best 9.77et 135mph, & 8.58et 156mph on a 200hp shot N20 at Sacramento Raceway summer before test & tune drove it there 12 miles or so each way, some downtown J street & the under overpass blasts, sounded really good in tunnels/overpasses & drove it on the street quite a bit, when I lived in Rancho Murieta Ca. little 36 hole golf/gated community, they really hated my car there, they were kind of uptight...LOL.. Not really a true street car by some definitions, but it was insured, licensed, street legal & street driven when weather was dry...

Last edited:
Guess I can add my new performance for my street car. My new 493 driver as I still drive it to the track and race thru the full exh system on pump gas. New best 11.04 @ 121 but I know it has easy 10's as I had problems from still running to lean on the 11.04 run. I hope to get back out within a few weeks and shoot for 10's. Ron

coollowes.jpg

My brother is running his 70 RR in Hot Rod Mag Drag Week and with the new motor 520 stroker (.030 over, 4.375" stroke), 11.3:1 compression, .590 solid, Holley Street Dom, 950 HP carb, Hooker Super Comps (2" primaries), full auto column shifted A & A trans, 3.91 gears 295/55 Mickey ET Streets. New motor with 200 miles, he left for Topeka, and drove the RR 650 miles from IN. Competed all week. So far 11.40 @ 122 mph with 125 lbs of gear in the trunk, launching at 2200 rpm. The heads are ported stealth heads (Modern Cyl Head), short block built by Muscle Motors, brother and I finished the top. He is going all out tomorrow, hoping for low 11's. This car has full interior, all steel. No frame connectors, torque boxes or roll bar. His average is 11.64. There are a few pictures of it. It's the mostly orange one. He's competing tomorrow (he is in the top 5 on the daily driver class). And driving back to IN on Saturday. (about 2700 miles total) If this isn't a street car, I don't know what is. No he did not take a truck and trailer.

hrdp-1109w-drag-week-2011-day-1-topeka-09.jpg

In this shot he is running a 11.56 with a race weight of 4100 lbs (he has added 250 lbs of ballast to slow the car down).

Last edited:
That is INCREDIBLE Mr. B Body!!!! This car is a great example of a MOPAR street BRAWLER!!! I'm definately pulling for your brother and that orange road runner!!!!

There are two B body Mopars running in the 4th and 5th spots. Two Chebbies in front of them and a Pontiac leading the field. Almost 20 daily driver cars have fallen out.

My brother is running his 70 RR in Hot Rod Mag Drag Week and with the new motor 520 stroker (.030 over, 4.375" stroke), 11.3:1 compression, .590 solid, Holley Street Dom, 950 HP carb, Hooker Super Comps (2" primaries), full auto column shifted A & A trans, 3.91 gears 295/55 Mickey ET Streets. New motor with 200 miles, he left for Topeka, and drove the RR 650 miles from IN. Competed all week. So far 11.40 @ 122 mph with 125 lbs of gear in the trunk, launching at 2200 rpm. The heads are ported stealth heads (Modern Cyl Head), short block built by Muscle Motors, brother and I finished the top. He is going all out tomorrow, hoping for low 11's. This car has full interior, all steel. No frame connectors, torque boxes or roll bar. His average is 11.64. There are a few pictures of it. It's the mostly orange one. He's competing tomorrow (he is in the top 5 on the daily driver class). And driving back to IN on Saturday. (about 2700 miles total) If this isn't a street car, I don't know what is. No he did not take a truck and trailer.

hrdp-1109w-drag-week-2011-day-1-topeka-09.jpg

In this shot he is running a 11.56 with a race weight of 4100 lbs (he has added 250 lbs of ballast to slow the car down).

This stroker engine has a painted intake, painted aluminum water pump housing and water pump. Painted stock '72 steel valve covers modified to fit the RAS 1.6 ratio rocker gear. The AL water pump housing was modified to have a more stock appearance. This motor is just in the RR to sort out because it was built to go in my brother's '72 Rallye 440 4-speed Coupe Charger (one of 11 built), but still look stock and run 11's.

We thrashed on getting this engine in for Drag Week so hard that I don't think that I took any pictures of it. If I did they are still on the camera, I'll check and get them posted here. We had a few problems, but got them all worked out. We will be doing dyno testing and take it to the local track at least once yet this year. I'll keep you guys posted. I only drove it when it had a 100 miles on it and it made the old .030" over 440 with ported 915 heads look a little weak (and it ran 11.95 again with a MP .590 solid).

This car idles at 850 rpm in park, and 700-750 rpm in gear.

I love it!!! Kick some shivvy and panty-ack butt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drag Week was rained out yesterday so they just went with the standings from Thrusday. Before it rained my brother was trying to get a 11.5 something pass before he let it all hang out and see how fast the RR would go. First pass with the timing turned up a little he ran a 11.47 no ballast. So he needed to slow down, but he said that the car did not seem to pull well, so he put the spare tire in and turned the timing back to what he thought we had it on, but actually it was a couple degrees below and turned a 11.36 just before it started to rain. We'll be taking it to a dyno day and to the local track in the next few weeks, so I'll keep you guys posted. Right now he is somewhere in IL driving back from Topeka, KS.

Yep Obamanomics is killing business

Is there anyone else or has Obummernomics got you so strapped for cash that the street brawler is having to sit for a while?

I think a lot of people are being effected by then presidents economic policies or to phrase it better "lack of good economic policies ", unless your on welfare, being govt. subsidized or on extended Unemployment benefits... JMHO

Wow, some very fast cars. Our low compression 408 street car went 12.35@108 first time out. Full interior 67 Satellite..

Attachments

• 093.jpg
    093.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 483
Last edited:
Hey Doc

Wow, some very fast cars. Our low compression 408 street car went 12.35@108 first time out. Full interior 67 Satellite..

Good to see you over here, I thought I recognized that perty white SB Satellite...

Auto Transport Service
Back