• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lifting rearend 69 RR

Maybe Koosh can take a few pics and provide any info. I did this job on a B Body in the early 1990s, but I had three helpers from my MOPAR club supervising.

Not sure if this has been said. Jack the car up fairly high, jack stands under rear frame rails, jack stands under the rear axle housing, remove the rear shock nuts & loosen, the shocks, loosen the u bolts & let the drop down, loosen the front spring hanger nuts, slide the spring back. Then loosen the rear shackle. Slide the shackle out of the way. Drop the spring. PM me I can give you some spring package suggestions.

It rode like a lumber truck. Just sayin'View attachment 671768
Lumber trucks arent that bad, lol.
Seriously, i would skip the added leaf and just do the re-arch, but i want that 70's jacked up look.....and from all the research ive done both here and internet, seems like new springs dont lift that much....

This month's issue of Mopar Muscle has an article about removing leafs and leaving the axle in place, like what you are doing. I'm also in the process of starting this project, so this helpful.

Get the tail way up in the air and start busting bolts loose. Remove the wheels, pull front spring hanger bolts, unbolt shackles, unbolt shocks, disconnect rubber brake line hose, disconnect parking brake cables, either drop entire axle and springs down on a furniture dolly or support the axle assembly and separately remove the U-bolts and pull the springs.

IMG_3232_zpsjy0a5xzm.jpg

Going back in.

IMG_3259_zpswwlxmh6j.jpg

I screwed up on my 1st post(lol). If ur diff stays in place,make sure there's no tension on rubber brake line.

Wanted to thanks again for all the help, had both springs out in 45 min......tomorrow, off to the spring shop for re-curve and add a leaf......we'll see results soon!

Wanted to thanks again for all the help, had both springs out in 45 min......tomorrow, off to the spring shop for re-curve and add a leaf......we'll see results soon!
Impressive. Took us about 45 minutes just to cut the u bolts off. Please update the results and money spent.

Impressive. Took us about 45 minutes just to cut the u bolts off. Please update the results and money spent.
I got lucky, impact gun removed all bolts, no cuttin...

All back together! And i gotta say.....LOVE THIS RAKE,!!
20181127_130155.jpg
20181127_125825.jpg
20181127_125859.jpg

What was the spring rebuild price?

I’m a guy that likes some rake on my GTX as well. I went with new springs and the SummitRacing add a leaf system. Got about what you did. Love the bird and the color. Looks great!

No re arch. Just inserted 1 truck spring each side from Summit
0AACBF7D-93B7-40B8-AD87-C8549444397F.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back