• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Long time Ford guy... but always a spot in my heart for the Mopars!

TA726

Local time
12:47 AM
Reaction score
Houston, TX but home will always be in Philly
Hello everyone. I've owned my 1969 Mustang fastback since I was a 16 years old high school kid. Bought it in 1989, so it's been in my possession for the past 29 years. By now, I know the cars VIN by heart and can decode every digit if it.
But I've always had a spot in my heart for the Mopars. Especially the bigger B bodies. In the past years, I've owned them as project cars such as a '68 Charger that I pulled out of the snow of the Catskill mountains in NY and also once owned a '70 Road Runner project that only someone with more money than brains made me part with. Now I have a '69 Coronet Super Bee tribute that I'm trying to learn all about. Its been through 2 hands so far in its current restoration stage and is about 90% completed as a very clean and well done (but not perfect) clone. But being fairly new to these cars, I'm trying to learn as much as I can about them to continue the car and finish it properly. I've been a part of a vintage mustang forum since 2001 so I know how beneficial these are for information and parts and also getting to know some awesome people and their cars.
This Coronet is a keeper so long as money, moving or something unforeseen doesn't sneak up on me to force a sale. The Mustang is my baby and would be very hard to part with!
So looking forward to learning what I can about these cars and stopping by here first to say hello to anyone who's read this far :)
Tom - Houston, TX but home is in Philly!

:xscuseless:

Welcome aboard and to the family. If it makes you feel better I'm a Mopar guy with a soft spot for Ford's mostly Fairlanes, Galaxies, 69 F 100s and Mustang Fastbacks. So where's the pictures???

Bienvenido desde México! !!!
Glad you join the best mopar site, any pics of your coronet ? you know we are very visual here and before someone else start :xscuseless:

We're shallow like that, yep. Fess up the pics! :)

I've been trying to add pictures but every time I do, I get an error message to refresh the page and try again....
I'll keep trying till I get it right!
Welcome to FBBO from the foothills of TN! :welcome:
This site is kinda mental about the file size of pics. Sometimes you have to knock them down in size a bit to get them uploaded.

Welcome from West Virginia! You came to the right place, a lot of very knowledgeable people on here willing to help

Got it.

20181018_075122.jpg 20181018_075234.jpg 20181018_075306.jpg 20181018_075435.jpg

Welcome from the Northside of Houston ( Woodlands)...I also have a Mustang ( wifes car really) and Coronet .
Nice looking pieces! Tell us what "finish properly" means to you...There are a lot of concourse type gurus here, @moparnation74, as well as many OE 68-69 owners that can help!

Through the course of the years that I've owned my Mustang it has gone through many different stages and builds and in the process has spent a lot of down time just sitting in the garage disassembled. Now landing on what is obviously a pretty radical stage being pro street. Although sometimes I have regrets about building the car to it's current stage, it does get a lot of attention but also makes it harder to drive on the streets and have fun with. With that being said, with the Coronet, I'd like to keep the project going as it's been started. Just a nice looking street friendly clone of a Super Bee. It's not perfect.. meaning the paint has some chips, it may not have the correct year or style covers on the front buckets, I'm not too sure but I think the 69 Bee's should have the rallye gauge cluster? This one does not have. (This car was born a 500)
I know you can go and get crazy with making it very difficult to tell the difference between the real thing and a clone but that's not what I'm after right now. Maybe down the line as I finish the car and get to enjoy driving it that I may go back and change those things that may not be exactly correct.

Welcome from Indiana! Nice rides. Lots of good people on here with a HUGE amount of knowledge!

Auto Transport Service
Back