• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Low deck Giant

Wookie316

Local time
10:53 PM
Reaction score
Engine made it on the dyno yesterday. By the #'s looks like I'm gonna need more tires.

- - - Updated - - -

WOW, WOOKIE. Can you give a run down on engine parts/combination. awesome, my son and I have started on a 512-B engine but haven't picked out a cam or carb as of yet. your engine is beautiful!

Biggest thing is compression. 13.7-1. Def not pump gas friendly. Indy EZ's taken to Max Wedge. 359 CFM @ .600. Solid custom flat with MM lobes.

Yes. Pro Systems 1000. 92/100. 1" SS spacer

Cool, Last year I put a QuickFuel 1,000 cfm E-85 carb on my engine, but I am still tuning it.

WOW !! What a monster ! Please share how you did it

Nice numbers! But what's MM lobes?

I like to call them "Mean Mothers" because of the ramp rate but I believe they actually stand for Muscle Motors. Comp 6584/6585 is the #.
Nothing real trick in the build. Block has the lifter bushings and all the typical machine work. Custom Diamond dome Pistons with gapless top ring pack, 13.7-1 CR, 2.25 intake valves and heads flow 359 @ .600, Harland 1.6's giving it .635 lift, PSI valve springs, Titanium retainers, distributor is locked, Dougs 452 headers. Pretty much sums it up.

roller cam or flat tappet. degree center line?

I've have always liked a higher C/Ratio in these motors, especially at higher elevations where I am. Then when you combine high C/R with a high flow head, you can get some real big horsepower/torque numbers, such as what you have here. I'm curious as to what thickness/type head gasket you are using? What is the quench/squish clearance on this engine? Thanks, good job. Nice build.

- - - Updated - - -

My 451 has a C/R of 13 to 1, .037 quench distance. 915 heads. Runs mid 12s consistently. Producing 460 horsepower.

- - - Updated - - -

I lose 77 H/P at 5600 feet, so actual horsepower at altitude is 383, according to the Wallace calculators.

What kind of ETs and MPH have you been running? What do you expect with the new motor?

Are the HS rockers staying adjusted. When will you have some 1/4 mile times and what's that other engine in the background with the up swept tubes on it? :D

I believe that engine is a boat motor that makes much more power than mine.
Before this engine had 11.3-1 CR and made about 650 HP. At that time it ran 11.60's around 119 in my 4500 pound sled. I lightened the car up at least 400 so I should now be 4000-4100 at the line. ET calculator says with the extra HP I now make it will be 10.60's at my weight. I have an 8" converter now, low gears and a brake in the tranny, so my 60's should jump from the 1.62-1.65 it used to be.
At least 3 months till my first trip to the track now. I'm excited to say the least.

Auto Transport Service
Back