• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LS swap ?

That build is 12+ years old. Before everyone was doing the LS thing. I bought a wrecked Escalade and took the 6.0 LS2 and 4L80 out For the Camaro. Has LS3 top end. Wasn’t as easy as today. Had to get a custom harness built and 2 or 3 times on the ECM to get it running Just decent. Dyno tune was 430 at the wheels. Haven’t had to touch anything since.

That build is 12+ years old. Before everyone was doing the LS thing. I bought a wrecked Escalade and took the 6.0 LS2 and 4L80 out For the Camaro. Has LS3 top end. Wasn’t as easy as today. Had to get a custom harness built and 2 or 3 times on the ECM to get it running Just decent. Dyno tune was 430 at the wheels. Haven’t had to touch anything since.

I'd drive the wheels off of it :thumbsup:

How about a hemi swap, you'll create a real bastard with an ls. 440'

There's a guy down here in AZ, has a Duster w an LS. He hired n paid someone to put the "best" parts all over. He can "quote" every spec on the car. Didn't wrench a thing.

Aren't there Chebby forums for this ? It's like seeing a Nice Street Rod, with a Different Brand Engine...

Has the OP been back in this thread???

Wow. Start a thread like this and a train wreck occurs! I think OP was lost.

Wow. Start a thread like this and a train wreck occurs! I think OP was lost
Did you expect smooth sailing when someone new comes in and talks about doing an LS swap into a Mopar??? LOL

Did you expect smooth sailing when someone new comes in and talks about doing an LS swap into a Mopar??? LOL
Hell no. Came in late. Was a fun read! And he needs to be reformed!

Aren't there Chebby forums for this ? It's like seeing a Nice Street Rod, with a Different Brand Engine...
The old school street rods didn't come from the factory with anything with decent power to begin with,so any V8 engine is an upgrade for them,such is not the case with a Road Runner. There are plenty of mopar engine options to put in a Road Runner,both modern and old school. Let him do it,the Chevy guys will think he's a douche for using an engine that belongs in a GM car,the Mopar guys will think he's a douche for ruining a Mopar,and the LS engine is a homely looking sum bitch.

Tell us what you really think Pete!

LS engine is a homely looking sum bitch.
I'm not too keen on the way it looks either. And well, if I can make a 72 318 Demon with 115k miles go 13.50 in the 1/4, just think about the 'other' possibilities with other high mileage (for the time) small and big blocks.....both being old skool.....!

There are so many options for drive train upgrades these days be it a LS in a GM product, Coyote in a Furd, or modern Hemi in our beloved Mopars. All are tried and true and there is no reason to cross the lines unless you want to be ridiculed or listening to buddys that only go one way....

Great idea. Take a car that has value, throw a bunch of $$$$ and work into it and have the pleasure of watching everything go down the toilet.

Auto Transport Service
Back