• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MATS LV 3/15-17/2024

Dennis H

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:00 AM
Reaction score
Anyone going? Been a few years. Used to tie it with the Fling in LA, but those back-to-back weekend dates don’t work anymore. Since all (most) of my friends settled, quit drinking, sold their cars, or died may have to talk Linda into it and take the modern car.

1CD78C08-9165-467A-8DC1-11F720F9C330.png

I didn't die, settle or quit drinking and I still have my car.

Gave up on it when they opened it up to everybody. Really liked just mopars

I went the first and second years that the show was in Las Vegas.
Making a trip of that distance for a show, I wanted to see a big swap meet. I was sorely disappointed in the swap that they have there. Some think the drag racing makes up for it. I didn't. I grew to appreciate the social aspects of the after hours activities at the Van Nuys Spring Fling. Is there any stuff like that associated with this show?

I’m sympathetic to the Promoter who got the shaft from Chrysler back when. We used to run with Dave and Maryanne with the green Charger. They aren’t attending this year. My Pal Don races there a lot, so we congregate in the Pits sometimes. A former neighbor moved to Vegas and always offers to put us up, that may sway Linda to go. Otherwise, no it doesn’t have the feel of the Fling or Carlisle. Such a lovely drive from here too…Bakersfield is the ****, but I think the round a bout replacing that horrible traffic light delay has been installed on 58.

I’m sympathetic to the Promoter who got the shaft from Chrysler back when. We used to run with Dave and Maryanne with the green Charger. They aren’t attending this year. My Pal Don races there a lot, so we congregate in the Pits sometimes. A former neighbor moved to Vegas and always offers to put us up, that may sway Linda to go. Otherwise, no it doesn’t have the feel of the Fling or Carlisle. Such a lovely drive from here too…Bakersfield is the ****, but I think the round a bout replacing that horrible traffic light delay has been installed on 58.
Round about on the 58?

I thought we had less than a one hour delay on that **** stretch last time. Maybe I got it wrong.
Now my Racer pal is on the outs with Painter so…maybe depends on the weather. We can romp the Road to Trona or some such thru Death Valley. That’s alway good.

Going. Safer to stay in Bakersfield shithole or go to Ridgecrest? Also looking for a hand wash detail in N Las Vegas. Thanks. Lodging recommendations to and fro appreciated. Gonna split the trip and tour around. One day at the LVMS, then Neon Museum and Valley of Fire State Park.

Last edited:
152 Pacheco Pass, Casa de Fruta pee stop, 5 South, Harris Ranch, 58 East, 127 North from Baker, 95 to LV.
Doubletree Bakersfield night one. Tarantula Ranch Armagosa Valley, Nv night two.
My Place Hotel on E Craig night three. A few nights with a former neighbor in North LV. Car detail at Detail City North LV on Thursday. LVMS Saturday. Live Band Count 77 on Saturday. Weather looks perfect. We’ll see if the 300 really does 160. Packing radar, 38, Vodka, crippled parking card. Got the Novistretch on to keep the butterflies out of the radiator. Half mile of unpaved to the Ranch is a concern but not gonna have risk of theft or a scratch keep me from enjoying the new ride. Some of my pals often show up with “the truck. Not me. Plan to scratch it and get it dirty while I have it.

We’ll see if the 300 really does 160. Packing radar, 38, Vodka, crippled parking card.
*******. THIS guy knows how to road trip!!
:D:D:D:usflag::usflag::usflag:

Wish I could make it. Not too hairy of a drive for me from Clovis/Fresno area.
Have a great time Dennis!

Pacheco Pass. Roundabout on 58 East of 5 near shithole. (Bakersfield). This Doubletree is pretty nice. On 58 just West of 99. The roundabout reduces delays and it looks better than last time we were here.

8E998C12-450E-41BB-A855-AB8080F033EE.jpeg

626F2FE7-F4C5-4352-8695-8EF8F5033AD4.png

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back