• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mecum auction Kissimmee 2017

biomedtechguy

Accelerati Rapidus Maximus
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:30 PM
Reaction score
The world's largest car auction. 3,000 cars. My wife and I are going for the first time just to look and to take a break from work. We will be there January 11 - 15th. Anyone else going or ever been to Mecum Kissimmee?

The world's largest car auction. 3,000 cars. My wife and I are going for the first time just to look and to take a break from work. We will be there January 11 - 15th. Anyone else going or ever been to Mecum Kissimmee?

Sure have. Used to live in Melbourne about an hour outside of Kissimmee

Sure have. Used to live in Melbourne about an hour outside of Kissimmee
Unfortunately we (my wife) can't go for more than a few days...any advice?? I would like to see everything and take pix of my favorites.

I plan on being there from Wednesday, Jan. 11th through Sunday, 15th. Probably the largest and nicest selection of muscle cars ever assembled.

I have been and there and it is truly amazing. Cars that actually sell are stored where only the buyers can access them. So being there early is the key to getting to see everything. Cars that don't meet the reserve go back out where you can see them. Last year I found out you could bid on the signs and other small stuff without a bidder's number. You'll have a great time.

I was going to go this year, but work got in the way...again (for the third year in a row).

It's like karma is keeping me away from there at all costs cuz she knows Im going to buy something! lol

Have fun Bioguy and of course...

:xscuseless:

Since I will be driving down by myself, I will have extra room to bring down any of your restoration needs within reason. So for any of the members who are attending and would like to save on shipping cost, it can be beneficial for the both of us. Just drop me a message and look forwards to possibly meeting some of the members here.

I go, good car show if nothing else.

I've never done Kissimee but I've gone to Mecum's Dallas auctions a number of times. IMO they do the best job of presenting the cars for spectators as well as bidders since they are televised. They should have the cars arranged in daily blocks based on when they are offered so you should be able to see everything. Are you registered as a bidder? If not it may be worth it since it will give you admittance for the whole event plus you can give the cars a really close look, get inside etc. with no hassle from the staff.

I am going to register as a bidder. It's actually cheaper that way, and my wife is admitted at no additional charge. Thanks

I am going to register as a bidder. It's actually cheaper that way, and my wife is admitted at no additional charge. Thanks

I would advise you do. you can get fresh with the cars and go pretty much any where you want.

and you may even run into a star or two.

Me n Bill Stephens.JPG

Bill was a super nice guy. Met him at the Chicago auction 2 years ago....

and you may even run into a star or two.

View attachment 384659

Bill was a super nice guy. Met him at the Chicago auction 2 years ago....
Bill is the guy with the beard? Lol. I have had Mecum auctions scheduled to automatically record on my DVR for years, and I just finished watching Kissimmee 2016 to get stoked for 2017. Thanks!

Sounds like fun. Post lots of pics. Maybe I will make it in 2018.

I was a amazed how much junk there is at Mecum....the lights help to give the cars flash.....
we lost our *** trying to peddle this one..BTW; over $90,000.00 into it....
20161007_151657 (1).jpg

I'm planning on going early,don't know if I'll stay a few days there or just drive down each day.

Auto Transport Service
Back