• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moparx - finally checking this site out !

moparx

Local time
5:09 AM
Reaction score
many of you may know me from the Moparts forums.
i am located "north of Coder" [a small bunch of tourist cabins and a gas station south of Brookville, Pa. on state route 28, that was active in the 20's-50's, with a railroad trestle behind them that was a local landmark until it was demolished in 2008], and have lived here all my life.
for those that don't know, i have been playing with Mopars since 1966, and i owned a junkyard from 1972 until 1984.
i have two cars i have owned a long time.
my 69 charger was bought in 1970 as a "total", being hit HARD in the rear, when i worked at a body shop. [1968-1972]
it was rebuilt with help from the guys in that shop, getting back on the road in 1972.
i beat the balls off that car at the Nu-Be Drag Strip [New Bethlehem, Pa.] until it closed on September 7, 1983.
it went into hibernation at that time, until a brief appearance in 2006-7, and has been in hibernation since. it is awaiting a new engine/transmission combo at this time, however, health issues have reared their ugly heads, and being somewhat old, work has slowed down on this part of the project. i hope to get it running sometime this year, health [issues] permitting.
the other ride is my 1933 dodge KCL "humpback" panel truck i drug from a swamp junkyard in South Carolina back in 1976.
if i knew then what i know now about these trucks, i should have left it there.
it is/was a complete rusty POS. i finally built a chassis for it, after i built a frame table for it's construction, back in 2000. being a machinist by trade, this was a relatively easy thing to do. i also built a tube bender and dies to construct the .134 wall mild steel roll cage.
i also designed and built the front suspension, using the mustang 2 suspension as a design idea. i built a jig for the control arms i built, so they can be duplicated exactly if "something" happens.
the steering column and shaft was built by me, starting with a tilt/telescopic knuckle from a 1978 imperial. it still utilizes that feature, as well as having a removable steering wheel.
as of now, it is set up for a B/RB block and 727/A518 transmission with a ladder bar/coil over rear suspension and a narrowed dana 60.
i had visions of powering it with a 392 that i plucked from a 1958 imperial, but i will be lucky to get this thing running in my lifetime.
so this is me. laff anytime, as i have a very twisted sense of humor !
:drinks:

IM001661.JPG

IM001505.JPG

the beginning.jpg

P9070001.JPG

Welcome from the central coast of Cal. I've seen your sig on Moparts. Welcome to a better site.

IMG_3549.jpeg

Howdy CK ! :thumbsup:
Polywideblock, is it really true you guys walk on the ceiling and everything there is "upside down" ? :rofl:

It's about time! this place is NOT dead like that other! Welcome!

Welcome! Sure looks like you know how to make your ideas work. :)
tumblr_d002222528929ebc2e8134d57d4c4e28_2c4a68a9_500.gif

I'll have to admit though, I hadn't heard of a 1978 Imperial before.

Hey there, mister.
You'll find that the crowd here is a bit more rowdy and that the site is a LOT more busy!

Welcome!! You've found us, those who knew there had to be a better place.. Not quite as adventurous as the folks on the Mayflower but still wouldn't accept that Moparts was the best thing out there, we ventured out & discovered FBBO... You've chosen wisely, throwing off the chains of tyranny (Or Tom)... I'm sure you'll find the freedom liberating... Just don't be bringing no Bud Lite... That's more of a Moparts sorta beer....

I had a hunting camp in Brookville PA and also played in a state qualifying men's softball tournament in New Bethlehem PA back in about 1987. I remember it well as it ended up in a brawl LOL
Welcome aboard!!

Welcome to FBBO from NY! That’s a wild looking color scheme on that Charger!

thanks for the warm greeting guys ! hopefully, i can be of some use.
ps. i don't like lite beer...............cheap beer maybe, but not that lite crap ! :drinks:

Welcome from the suburbs of Philly! I always think: there is a new guy that's close - in my same state! But I forget how big our great country is, and even many of our states. You are probably a good 6 hours away from me.

Regardless, this is a great place with lots of knowledge and help. Perhaps start a build thread for your Charger and see if you can't get some momentum to get you driving your fine car again... :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back