• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Movies you won't watch again for various reasons....

Christ...all those bullshit cartoon-like "super" hero movies are worthless.
Well, I did like the first Iron Man.
The first two Christian Bale Batman movies were great. Aside from that, who the hell cares about the rest. Spider man? Some queer in tights that swings around a city? Pfffft!
They are easy to make since all they need are a few faces and a bunch of computers churning out CGI images.
There have been some great movies over the past ten years but they are few and far between.
Hell Or High Water was great.

I could definitely go without seeing another Spiderman or really any of them, Shazam was way worse though.

I remember the "ISIS-Shazam" features on Saturday mornings in the 70s. Didn't the "Shazam" guy travel around in an RV?

Wizard of Oz was a movie I wanted to see bad as a kid, because my Dad absolutely hated the movie! One year, he was working when it came on (remember when it came on once a year?) and I watched it with my little sister. And that is all I saw of it - once. I kept hoping Toto would kill them all and eat their miserable remains. I remember asking my Dad why he disliked the film so much, and he said he saw it when he was eight or so. The flying monkeys scared the $hit out if him! Coincedentally, that is why I don't care for it, either!

For a truly awful movie, you need to watch Mountain Family Robinson sometime. This came out in 1979, and it's a horribly-acted movie filmed in some of the best mountain scenery anywhere (western Colorado). The best way to watch this is with the sound off and improvise your own dialogue for the characters - including the bears, horses, and the rest of the menagerie. This is one movie where you hope the bears eat everyone to put them out of their misery of being unable to act!

I agree that the last six Star Wars movies flat-out suck! That is, the last six of the nine that were made, not the order in which they are made to fit the storyline.

There is not one movie of the Marvel series I like, other than maybe Ant Man.

I refuse to see anything that has the wholly-untalented and obnoxious Will Ferrell in it. I can NOT stand that SOB! And yes, I'll say it - Talladega Nights is garbage.

As some of you know, I'm an actor (very part-time!). I know a LOT of seriously talented actors, crew, writers, producers and directors. Oklahoma is becoming the new center of the universe, in terms of filmmaking. The state offers great incentives to film here, as long as the majority of hires are Oklahoma-local. If you haven't seen the new Paramount series Tulsa King, it's pretty damned good! Starring Sylvester Stallone, he is a mob boss that is relocated to Tulsa as part of the witness protection program. And he stirs things up a bit in Tulsa! Nevermind, much of this is filmed in OKC, but...! I know quite a few of the people involved. It's very cool to see this!
I love Stallone and I love Tulsa King - won’t miss an episode. But you have one minor thing incorrect. He was not relocated via the witness protection program. The mob family (Bonnano Family) he is part of forced him to leave NYC after he got out from his 25 year stretch - to go to Tulsa to develop the area for mob purposes. Why Tulsa - who knows. But as just about everything Sly does - this is a great series getting great reviews - already set to continue for a season 2.

Part of why I like Sly so much is he’s a good man. They screwed him out of the ownership of the ‘Rocky Series’ and the first two Creed movies. He really got ripped - and said he wants ownership for his family after he’s gone - He’s said simply “I wrote it”. Thats also the reason he won’t be in Creed III - because they screwed him over he told them FU when Creed III was going To be produced. He won’t be part of it. He’s a man’s man working in the sewer called Hollywood - but nobody tells him what to do. He tells them what he’s going to do - when he wants to.

Anything with Zombies or Vampires,
(including TV current shows too)
especially anything after 1968-ish for the most part
some older vintage stuff I can barely tolerate

I can't stand those types of movies, especially the newer 'millennials' versions...

even 'Blade' trinity, was barely tolerable,
only because of the car, Black gen 3 Charger :poke:
most the rest of it sucks ***

Most anything Star Wars, after the 1st org. 2 movies
Most anything Star Trek, after the 1st org. episodes
or movies with Shatner & Nemoy

2001 a space odyssey. i saw it with my dad as a kid. on the way home he asked me what i thought. my reply - i'm glad you paid!

In most cases, what prevents me from seeing a movie again is a depressing ending or a completely boring plotline.

Leaving Las Vegas with Nicolas Cage. The man is a hopeless drunk that moves to Nevada to drink himself to death.
It’s like they ran out of budget and just ended the movie

Anything with Will Smith. That smart *** wisecracking bullshit just pisses me off.
Woopi Goldberg, same thing. Plus she’s uglier then a bag of dead snakes.
Avatar. Just depressed the hell out of me.
My worst for last, though. Casualties of War. Sean Penn played a scary bad guy versus Michael J Fox’s good guy in a movie set in Viet Nam where they kidnap, gang rape, and ultimately kill a young Viet girl. It was WAY over the top. Sean Penn was scary good good in his role, though. I’m genuinely scarred by that movie.

Tinker Taylor Soldier Spy.
What a disappointment, at the very end something Finally happened. What a snoozer!

Christ...all those bullshit cartoon-like "super" hero movies are worthless.
Well, I did like the first Iron Man.
The first two Christian Bale Batman movies were great. Aside from that, who the hell cares about the rest. Spider man? Some queer in tights that swings around a city? Pfffft!
They are easy to make since all they need are a few faces and a bunch of computers churning out CGI images.
There have been some great movies over the past ten years but they are few and far between.
Hell Or High Water was great.
I will say out of all the shitty "super hero" movies, Deadpool was friggin funny.

Just watched Top Gun: Maverick. Entertaining but I couldn't help picking it apart technically. Too phony, won't watch it again.

Thanks for the input.
I disagree. Stallone was playing a role… certainly one based on a genuine type of person. Viewers need to understand the difference between a character and the actors actual personalities.
The Rocky movies were corny but also inspirational.
Memento was one that I do like. It was dark and sad but it interested me. It requires you to pay attention to fully understand the story.

Oh, and I forgot Titanic.
They took what was already an amazing story and made it mostly a love story, complete with a chase through the ship? I was pissed for days. I still rant about it. It needed more of Kate Winslets tits and less of Leo Decaprio.

Titanic was actually a pretty good film, mostly with the technical aspect of everything, and despite the wholly-unnecessary and burdensome subplot. I've seen the movie several times, thanks to my wife. I kept hoping the ship would miss the iceberg...no luck. Or that Jack would fall overboard or get harpooned or something. What??? So, we get to watch him die every time. He just won't stay down, will he?

Titanic was actually a pretty good film, mostly with the technical aspect of everything, and despite the wholly-unnecessary and burdensome subplot. I've seen the movie several times, thanks to my wife. I kept hoping the ship would miss the iceberg...no luck. Or that Jack would fall overboard or get harpooned or something. What??? So, we get to watch him die every time. He just won't stay down, will he?
I agree it was very well done, but geez, they spent too much time on the Billy Zane - Leo Decaprio chase scene.

Teenage girls were largely responsible for the commercial success of the Titanic movie.

I ran a small town vintage single
screen theater in Northern California when titanic was released.
City Population 8000.
Sold 14500 admission tickets.
Many people watched it twice!!
There is a lot details in the titanic movie that I can appreciate.
I think the fictional story was well done. I don’t care for the current politics of actors and producers,but IMO is a epic movie!

Auto Transport Service
Back