• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Movies you won't watch again for various reasons....

I know this is off-subject but I try to tell my kids when to watch some great 80's/90s movies when they come back around. Primal Fear with Richard Gere and Edward Norton (I forgot how good Ed Norton's performance was!) and The Presidio with Sean Connery and Mark Harmon.

Braveheart. Great film, don't ever want to see it again.

Titanic, Avatar - terrible films I never want to see again. Still a fan of the first 2 Terminators, Aliens, and the Abyss.

Titanic, Avatar - terrible films I never want to see again. Still a fan of the first 2 Terminators, Aliens, and the Abyss.
Agreed, have no need to see Avatar again, and the sequel generated no interest from me to see it even once.

Most new movies trying to shove gay shut down my throat
That’s what they get turned off

Agreed, have no need to see Avatar again, and the sequel generated no interest from me to see it even once.

Before Avatar 2 came out, every comment I saw was about how no one was interested in seeing it. Then it came out, and the initial numbers were terrible. Then there was a mysterious rally and it was suddenly one of the top grossing movies ever. But who's talking about it now? I damn near forgot it existed.

Anything with Will Smith. That smart *** wisecracking bullshit just pisses me off.
Woopi Goldberg, same thing. Plus she’s uglier then a bag of dead snakes.
Avatar. Just depressed the hell out of me.
My worst for last, though. Casualties of War. Sean Penn played a scary bad guy versus Michael J Fox’s good guy in a movie set in Viet Nam where they kidnap, gang rape, and ultimately kill a young Viet girl. It was WAY over the top. Sean Penn was scary good good in his role, though. I’m genuinely scarred by that movie.
I used to watch every Vietnam movie to come out. Had 3 brothers there during the depth of the hell period. Mid 60’s to late 60’s. I believe you‘re describing the true storyline of the My Lai massacre where Penn was indicted and charged with murder plus a lot more. Fox refused to let it go and turned in Penn. They - led by Penn (in the movie) murdered half of village of VN non-combatants ploughing them down into a ditch out in the province. They (he) also raped that young innocent VN girl. If memory serves I believe his name was Lt Calley. Yes it was a filthy horrible incident of soldiers gone haywire - but it’s also a true story and back in that day the publicity that broke was huge and plastered everywhere. There’s plenty of info that can be searched as it still lives today as one of the many atrocities of that war. I was somewhat a student of that war having 3 brothers serve and my just missing the cutoff for the draft. I had a mid number 160ish or so. Have been there many times from the top of the country up to the mountainous Chinese border to the bottom in the Mekong Delta region. Eventually I married a God send of a VN women about 20 years ago from a absolutely wonderful family. My journeys to VN started in the early 90’s as a result of all my brothers service there and my wanting to find out about the country and the people. In the beginning i went there with a dark heart only to discover beautiful, friendly industrious people that loved their beautiful country rich in culture and history - VN could have been “Somebody” as a country had it not been for the filthy, utterly corrupt communists that took it over in April 1975.

I used to watch every Vietnam movie to come out. Had 3 brothers there during the depth of the hell period. Mid 60’s to late 60’s. I believe you‘re describing the true storyline of the My Lai massacre where Penn was indicted and charged with murder plus a lot more. Fox refused to let it go and turned in Penn. They - led by Penn (in the movie) murdered half of village of VN non-combatants ploughing them down into a ditch out in the province. They (he) also raped that young innocent VN girl. If memory serves I believe his name was Lt Calley. Yes it was a filthy horrible incident of soldiers gone haywire - but it’s also a true story and back in that day the publicity that broke was huge and plastered everywhere. There’s plenty of info that can be searched as it still lives today as one of the many atrocities of that war. I was somewhat a student of that war having 3 brothers serve and my just missing the cutoff for the draft. I had a mid number 160ish or so. Have been there many times from the top of the country up to the mountainous Chinese border to the bottom in the Mekong Delta region. Eventually I married a God send of a VN women about 20 years ago from a absolutely wonderful family. My journeys to VN started in the early 90’s as a result of all my brothers service there and my wanting to find out about the country and the people. In the beginning i went there with a dark heart only to discover beautiful, friendly industrious people that loved their beautiful country rich in culture and history - VN could have been “Somebody” as a country had it not been for the filthy, utterly corrupt communists that took it over in April 1975.
I remember the incident that you are talking about. Possibly this movie was based on that.
My horror and dislike of the movie stems from the actual rape scene and subsequent scenes. It dragged on far too long and went into far too much detail.

I am in an odd place when it comes to movies. I have a good memory. Really, really good, people say photographic but that is not the right word. So A lot of movies I avoid, because really, I don't need something stuck in my head the rest of my life. Example-
When I was much younger, I had some close friends tell me we should all go see Saving Private Ryan. I knew what it was about, I protested, but cave to peer pressure or they talked me into it or whatever, we went on a Friday night.
I SHOULD NOT have gone to see that. I can still see it if I think about it. I knew what it was and I did not need that type of situation shown to me, sometimes I think maybe some people do so they realize what it is, and I think there is a market for that type of thing where people find it fascinating and can't accept it as a reality or that those types of things really did happen to people and they had to live with it if they survived.

So, this is also why I never watched Titanic. Why would I subject myself to the vision of hundreds of people in terror and losing their lives?

Beyond that however, let me explain why Titanic is such a lady-favorite:
It is written out as a long story about a perfect love story from a modern young woman's point of view. Think about how society is now with women. Here we have a young lady that gets the attention of the young hunk and does her thing(cheats), gets treated like the only special lady in the world. She gets what she wants, then the guy dies, and she gets to keep all the money and live out her life doing whatever she wants. She gets the hunk for her fling, then gets to walk away without reprecussions and gets rich on top of it all. It's the modern woman's ultimate fantasy. Yeah the people drowning is sad, they make special screen time to show the noble deaths of the characters and this adds the tear jerker aspect to round out the ultimate love fantasy for them.
So fellas, if your lady ranks this at #1, might want take that into consideration a bit. My wife of several decades thinks Rose is a stupid b##ch and won't watch the film again.

On a lighter note, I won't watch any Will Smith movies again. Recent activity from him aside, none of his movies are really all that good that I have seen and I have zero desire to view them twice. Oh, and the newer Ghost Busters with all the women. OH MY what a mistake and waste of my time.

I doubt I'll ever watch Saving Private Ryan again. It was worth watching the first time though. Just imagine how many fewer people would have been needed for the D-Day landing if they hadn't designed the landing craft to be a shooting gallery for the Germans.

As far as Titanic goes, by the time the ship sank I was ready to see all those people die; and the ones on the exploration ship too.

Prometheus. Typical lazy Damon Lindelof script, full of idiot characters that make no sense. Ruins one of the big mysteries of the Alien franchise by turning the Space Jockey into a big blue bodybuilder. The Jockey was better as a creature grown onto a telescope. Now it's just a guy in a chair.

I didn't see Covenant and probably won't. I've watched a few reviews on it, and I can't understand why anyone thought it was a good idea to do Covenant instead of going to the Engineer homeworld.

I'm tentatively looking forward to seeing what they come up with for Romulus. I know the number one thing I don't want to see is "This time the Aliens are on Earth." I think I'd like to see a team go to a Space Jockey world (not the homeworld) and find a dead race of creatures grown onto their machines, that had been wiped out by the Alien. No more blue bodybuilders, just dead elephant snout aliens grown onto machines.

Never really put that much thought into any movies. I watch them to be removed from a bit from current reality at the moment. Most are ok if the title doesn't sell it to my child like brain side I'll probably never watch it once let alone go back.
On a note from previous post. Spiderman is the worst superhero ever, not because of what he can/cannot do or what he wears. His mental battle about all the human hang-ups is annoying, and that would be the day I would put up with that asshole boss.

I have always enjoyed watching movies but some are just too heavy to watch a second time.
I recall the 2018 version of A Star Is Born with Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper. THAT was a sad and depressing ending so no....I will not watch that again.
I sat through the musical Chicago because Mary wanted to see it.
I'll watch most car movies over and over but I don't seek out to watch any of the Fast and Furious movies because they are dumb as ****.
What movies are "one and done" for you?
8 milimeter with Nicholas Cage, pretty disturbing.

The movies of the late 60's/early 70's.
Vanishing Point, Dirty Mary Crazy Larry,
a series Then Came Bronson
(Michael Parks), Bullitt, American
graffiti.
An Era that sparked many a
teenage heart for that open road
and their love for the automobile.
If the movie had a cool car in it,
I'd watch it. Those mentioned, I'd
watch again.
Bonnie & Clyde, with Faye Dunaway, and Warren Beatty. The original The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951) the remake with John Wick in it was a goofstorm.

I absolutely cannot stand it when a song catches then gets played relentlessly, for that reason I hate the Titanic.. couldn't stand the movie anyways.
If I was Decaprio I would have tossed Winslet into the drink, yes chivalry is dead.

2001 a space odyssey. i saw it with my dad as a kid. on the way home he asked me what i thought. my reply - i'm glad you paid!
Maybe, but I was struck by the visuals. I was ten when I saw that movie, and Hollywood could no longer make scifi movies with goofy gadgets with dials, and dumb fx.

They all work in a steel mill in Clairton, PA……

Where I work.
One of the best parts of the movie is where they are all in the bar, and George Dndnza (spelling) was playing a pretty moving piece of music on the piano, and when he was finished you could hear the rotors of Hueys, and they show a vil just explode, pretty good contrast, and showed the reality of war.

The Patriot was good.

I doubt I'll ever watch Saving Private Ryan again. It was worth watching the first time though. Just imagine how many fewer people would have been needed for the D-Day landing if they hadn't designed the landing craft to be a shooting gallery for the Germans.

As far as Titanic goes, by the time the ship sank I was ready to see all those people die; and the ones on the exploration ship too.
The only thing wrong with SPR was the beach scene, Normandy beach was over 300 yards, so it must have seemed like a marathon to get off that beach with all that **** coming down on you, and Point Du Hoc, climbing one hundred foot cliffs, iron balls every last one of them that day 6June1944

Scarface. Biggest waste of film.... in history.
American History X. Great movie. Got it. No need to revisit.

Auto Transport Service
Back