• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

mY 69 CHARGER /daytona clone project

moparstuart

Local time
1:11 AM
Reaction score
overland park kansas / Former owner a salvage yard
not going to be done anytime soon the economy and finishing the BIRDIBLE has me broke , but i do still try to collect parts as frugle as i can. Daytona parts are very expensive . So unless i win the lottery this will take quite a while . I have quite a few parts and alot iof time and money in the car already .

69ChargerBlo123.jpg

69ChargerCarbedEngineDriverSideCloseupFirewallCuXXXXX.jpg

69ChargerCarbedEngineDriverSideCloseupLinkageCuXXXXX.jpg

69ChargerCarbedEngineDriverSideCloseupShotCuXXXXX.jpg

69ChargerCarbedEngineDriverSideRadiatorShotCuXXXXX.jpg

when i bought the 69 charger I got it because the guy who owned it decided to put a super charger on the motor . this blew it up and after all his hard work made him selll it to a friend of mine . It was the last straw on his hard work and he sold the car less the motor .

69ChargerEngineBayEmptyCuXXXXX.jpg

69ChargerCarbedEngineHoodOffFrontShotCuXXXXX.jpg

69ChargerCarbedEngineHoodOffPassSideShotCuXXXXX.jpg

69ChargerCarbedHoodOpenAtShowFromDistanceCuXXXXX.jpg

69ChargerCarbedHoodOpenAtShowFromShortDistanceCuXXXXX.jpg

:( once ken blew it up he sold it to my buddy lonnie who had it for a bout a year and didnt do anything to get it back on the road so i bought it . I pay big money for it almost 4 years ago when second gen charger where bringing top money

69ChargerEngineBayEmpty2Cudake58588.jpg

69ChargerFullDriverRearBrokenCragarSSCuXXpppppp.jpg

69ChargerFullRearInCudaKenGarage.jpg

69ChargerPassRearInC5487.jpg

:santa: it was almost a daytona clone once before
Ken had bought a set of real daytona fender and a wing . He had ordered a ted janek kit tomake a clone but ted had drug his feat on getting the kit done and shipped . Ken ran into money problems so sold the wing and fenders and cancelled the daytona kit , here is a picture of the car still in primer and with the daytona fender on and the wing uprights

69ChargerpassSide_FrontCu589744.jpg

69ChargerPassSideFenderViewBlownCudaKe12258888n.jpg

chargerblowercompresse158444777d.JPG

cudehwegterd.jpg

DrivewayCudakenNoRed69C123harger.jpg

Awesome project!! I love looking at all those pics of it.

Hey Stu,

Nice project, if it turns out half as nice as the Birdable, its gonna be a winner:wtg::wtg:

Hey Stu,

Nice project, if it turns out half as nice as the Birdable, its gonna be a winner:wtg::wtg:

I'm sure it will , after i bought the car , my wife who is never interested in my cars or car events at all . Well out of the blue she tells me this is her car . That floored me but I said ok , hopeing this we get her more interested in my car events. Then she told me I was painting it FM3 panther pink . LOL I said it has fresh viper red on it now , it will stay that way unless you paying for the new paint job . I would imagine at some time in its life it may become panther pink , but i would doubt anytime soon . But you will see with the hundreds of coming pictures that i am doing it first class all the way .

another picture of it's first clone attempt

Auto Transport Service
Back