• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My '71 Duster 340 pays a visit to Nick's Garage

After watching last night’s live show, I discovered that once Nick and the guys got behind the dashboard, there were a handful of things that they took care of for me. They were done before I was even aware.
They were items I had been living with peacefully because I really had no need for them, some I wasn’t even aware of (like the park brake light - had no idea the Duster had one!)
It’s great to know they work now.
Other items they fixed…

- Wipers (the car doesn’t see rain ever)
- Dash lights (rarely, if ever driven in the dark - lots of deer around here)

Thanks @Nick Panaritis :thumbsup:

Oh yea, That is one nice looking Duster and a great running street ride. Look at how Manney swooned over it. That is my HEMI which he is working on and will soon be fully assembled. You may see it running when you pick-up that Duster. You can't go wrong at Nick's. Kocan

I spoke with Nick about 20 minutes ago.
The Duster is ready to go.
I just made arrangements for a day trip this Saturday to go and pick it up with our son, Devon.
Trailer reservation has been made.
Hoping to be on the road very early :thumbsup:

I just made arrangements for a day trip this Saturday to go and pick it up with our son, Devon.
Drive careful Nick and have fun with your son.

Have a great trip. Check out the engine build room while you are there as my 426 is on it's way. Looking forward to your updates. Kocan

Have a great trip, take more photos & video

the Duster will be great, shift smooth & stuff work that didn't
win, win, win

Have a great trip, take more photos & video

the Duster will be great, shift smooth & stuff work that didn't
win, win, win
It’ll be just me and the boy Saturday.
My wife is already hounding him for pics and videos.
Mama’s got you covered there Budnicks!

It’ll be just me and the boy Saturday.
My wife is already hounding him for pics and videos.
Mama’s got you covered there Budnicks!
1718150052605.jpeg

You will be pleasantly surprised as to how nice a fresh rebuilt 833 shifts.
We got to Nick’s Garage around 11:45am Saturday morning and took the Duster for a little test drive before loading her on the trailer.
Wow, what a difference the rebuild makes.

You weren’t kidding @hunt2elk :thumbsup:

Nick rebuilt the shifter too.
It shifts smoother, the gears are closer together and the transmission is much less whiny sounding.

IMG_2066.jpeg

I then backed the car back into the garage for some group shops with my son Devon, Nick, Manny and Robert.
I think I'll blow one of these up to hang up on a wall at my shop.

1718197029238.jpeg

1718197211224.jpeg

@Michael Kocan

Nick brought us over to your engine and he gave my son a lesson on the difference between wedge and hemispherical heads.

That sparked plenty of conversation between my boy and I on the way home.:thumbsup:

IMG_7316.jpeg

Sounds like a day you both will never forget,thats great Nick. Glad you got your baby back. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Wow,Wow,Wow!!! is all that I can say on your 340 A body and the adventure you and your son had with this trip. I think that Manny wanted to keep it. I dosen't get any better than this with being able to share your enthusiasm with your son. Memerable moments that cannot be replaced. For you both it will last a lifetime.They are a great gang and very modest to boot. Such a cool trip that I hope to make sometime in the future. Thanks for the images of the HEMI and sharing your experience. Thunder Road!! Kocan.

Auto Transport Service
Back