• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Coronet project

Incredible Job! Thanks for the detailed story and pics Swede. I really enjoyed reading it. I wish I had the tools and skills to do the work you do. That is a Bad Ride and will look sick when you're done! Keep up the great work!

Found some parts that I had forgot that I bought, a new restored set of lamps with new adjusters etc.
But the fun part is that I also had new H4 "Lucas tripod" 5 3/4 from "Biltema" (swedish crap...) And a set of xenonconversion from China, I put in the xenon lamp into the Tripod and it almost fitted right in, will just have to enlarge to hole in the bottom first.
I dont know if you think that this is like swearing in the church and I don´t care, it gives me a real great light and it looks cool too.

Attachments

• xen1.JPG
    xen1.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 833
  • xen2.JPG
    xen2.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 842
  • xen3.JPG
    xen3.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 840
  • xen4.JPG
    xen4.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 834
Found some parts that I had forgot that I bought, a new restored set of lamps with new adjusters etc.
But the fun part is that I also had new H4 "Lucas tripod" 5 3/4 from "Biltema" (swedish crap...) And a set of xenonconversion from China, I put in the xenon lamp into the Tripod and it almost fitted right in, will just have to enlarge to hole in the bottom first.
I dont know if you think that this is like swearing in the church and I don´t care, it gives me a real great light and it looks cool too.

Thats interesting! I didn't know you could upgrade a 5 3/4 light with those conversions.
I have a set of new 5 3/4" light housings that a friend GAVE me. (Picked up cheap at a yard sale and he never did use them himself)

Think I'll check out whats available locally in the way of HID conversions.

I'll be doing a lot of night time driving with my 63 and could use a bit extra light...my eyes aren't getting any younger! LOL

Time to celebrate, got some paint on the car! Looks pretty good for a garage paint, had to hang up plastic all around the car and it helped real goood. almost none paint in the rest of the garage. Saw the paint for the first time today, it looks just like I wanted it, like Hemi orange with a little bit on the red side. The front end kit will arrive next week, then it is back on its wheels again!

Attachments

• gara.JPG
    gara.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 812
  • paint.JPG
    paint.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 809
Wow...and another wow for your other project!
That is one sharp red...and the other project a "Locost"???

you've really gotten alot done in a short time,my hat's off to you.

Thanks!
Got some more work done this afternoon, fresh paint on the floor, thinking on some sound dampening under the carpet or is it a waste of time and money?
Have made the "box" plates for the lower contol arm as well, have to visit Sven some day and take the measures on the sway bar mounts.

And it is a "Locost" in the back, will probably be ready to hit the streets around 2027...

Attachments

• floor2.JPG
    floor2.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 795
  • floor1.JPG
    floor1.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 796
Nice work Man, I'd say if you are thinking about the sound/heat matting then you should do it.

She's lookin real good.

you're floor looks great,i hope mine turns out half that good.

just for a little heads up i dont know what your headlight conversion kit came with you need a relay setup to run halogen or any modern type of headlight. they use more current than the stock glass sealed bulbs do and you will quickly fry your headlight switch (at the least)

new system should have relay getting its power straight from the battery. headlight switch should be used to activate or dissactivate the relay

Morbidgoat: Those kits are 35 Watt, are´nt the seals beams 35 W too?
But it is better to be safe and install it with a relay like you say, in the H4 conversion kit there is a cabel kit and relays included and I will use the for the low beam at daytime and switch to full beam together with the other lamp at night. I will take some pictures and show the results but it will not be until after the summer.

I bought some bitumen/asphalts boards and left them in the sun for 10 minutes before attaching them to the floor, planning on put some inside the doors to, or maybe spray them inside with this: http://www.hagmans.se/produktinformation/produktblad/gb/11331.pdf

I bought some bitumen/asphalts boards and left them in the sun for 10 minutes before attaching them to the floor

Wait...

You have...

Sunshine?

WTF?

38 degrees here this morning, 60 is the highest we've seen so far this year and that was yesterday.

Today full sunshine and 72F yahh it will be a summer this year also.
Sven

Nice work on a great looking car!

Installed a SSBC brake booster, had to do some drilling and it is looking great now, had some trouble to find the fittings, 7/16-18 for 3/16 pipe was not easy to find...

Attachments

• brake3.JPG
    brake3.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 725
  • brake2.JPG
    brake2.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 724
  • brake1.JPG
    brake1.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 715
I just bought my 70 coronet 440, needs trunk floor as well as floor boards replaced. Has a 318 in it but replacing with a 440 and oh here is a question for you did they ever put the 500 or rt taillight panel on a 440. My car doesn't say its a 440 or 500. Is there a vin code that would say? Thanks for the help.

It has been a while since my last update, had to work on the house...
But I have started to install the front end, I have a minor problem with the brake assembly, is this one correct? (The two pieces of metal that holds the caliper in place.)

Attachments

• 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 663
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 660
Hey Swede, looks like I'm not the only one that has had a little down time on the project. Glad your back at it! The caliper looks right to me, but I would let a few more chime in on this one. I think Propwash has been putting his front end together as well.

Auto Transport Service
Back