• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My new project truck

hunt2elk

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:17 PM
Reaction score
I know its not a B-body, but I just had to show off my newest purchase as I am having a blast with it. An older gent bought it new in 1999, owned it for 10 years without ever driving it in one of our Wisconsin winters. He then sold it to a college kid who drove it sparingly. 89,000 original miles, no rust (except for surface where the paint is chipped on the lower rear quarters), 360, auto, 3.55 limited slip, dual exhaust. I've put on new tires, brakes, shocks, plugs, wires, and changed fluids. Picked up a set of black nerf bars and a receiver hitch. Its going off to get painted next week to take care of the flaking off clear coat and address the rust. They are also shooting Seal Out into all the crevasses to prevent any further rusting. Then its off to get a new Snow Dogg plow installed.

P8170014.jpgP8170015.jpgP8170016.jpgP8170017.jpgP8170018.jpgP8170019.jpgP8290020.jpgP8290022.jpg

It looks brand new inside for sure. Just keep a clean filter and good fluid in that transmission....

I have always like those rams. When the time came for my truck purchase I needed 4 doors with enough room for car seats..

That's why I bought a 10 liberty and not a 10 challenger classic in yellow with black stripes and manual transmission...

Very NICE looking truck there H2E . . . I like it ! ! !

Just keep a clean filter and good fluid in that transmission....

It seems the trannys in Dodge trucks from this time period leave a lot to be desired. This one was just rebuilt before I bought it.

That's sweet, why didn't you buy a Chevy, just kidding.

Joel, That really is a beauty, i love the short beds and really miss my 1500, That will be one fun ride to have and that wood grain dash is really cool! Enjoy...

Its a nice looking truck n perfect for plowing. Dodge has always had issues with there transmissions even the new ones .

Nice find, elk! I'm just shy of 150,000 on my '01 with no transmission issues yet. I think my annual filter changes and staying out of OD unless I'm driving over 45 mph has helped keep it in good shape.

That's sweet, why didn't you buy a Chevy, just kidding.

LOL. I have a friend who is a die hard Mopar muscle car addict, but drives Chevy trucks because of their transmissions.

That is a nice looking truck, but you don't need a plow in wisc. ,do you?

you don't need a plow in wisc. ,do you?

I wish I didn't, but it sure makes my life easier. I've got way to much driveway surface area to shovel or blow.

Nice Rig Joel...Have fun! Won't be long and you'll be needing that plow...Grrrr!

Yeah - good stuff huh Will? I guess its about time for a change of seasons though.

Yeah - good stuff huh Will? I guess its about time for a change of seasons though.

Yeah......great! LOL. I tell ya, it's one thing to put up with some heat and hang out in the AC, but you gotta be one tough SOB to put up with the just plain nasty cold weather that's set in over the past couple years around here. You could build "The Ark" with all the wood I split this year. You got the right idea with that Dodge and a plow!

Auto Transport Service
Back