• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buying my first brand new truck since 2002.

70ChargerRT

Local time
1:46 AM
Reaction score
I’m not much on buying new trucks especially if I can get a good deal on a nice used truck. The truck I own now is an old 99.5 ford 250 7.3 powerstroke that I bought 10 years ago with 54k miles on it. It now has 240k miles on it and it’s been the best truck I’ve ever owned as of date. Now trucks are high as hell, even the old ones. I do get to drive a company truck while I’m on the job. So now Dodge is offering 10% off of the 3500 and I also get a company fleet discount and farm tax exemption. So I picked up this new truck. With all the discounts and exemption I got $20k knocked off. It’s making me kind of sick to my stomach that I still paid this much for a truck but heck why not and Dodge finally put some awesome mirrors on them instead of those flip up ones

F0480CBA-0360-4597-936E-15E4FAECC720.jpeg

A5EAB3F4-D235-4685-BB6E-71ECECBCC640.jpeg

31636E40-4203-4641-A6BB-928E003DED9A.jpeg

F71A7E7B-463C-41E4-858C-EAE68D6AEDA2.jpeg

F111F072-2FB0-4382-8C09-F56054D522BF.jpeg

9596BD24-6DD3-418B-823B-002F5894BA31.jpeg

31497E62-837B-448A-A591-4364B8CCBECF.jpeg

Last edited:
6.7 cummings and the Aisin trans is a great combo. I have it in my 4500, almost 300,000 miles and no problems.

Congratulations! That's a serious vehicle and if I have my facts straight, you have about 1000 lb/ft of torque for towing. Not bad at all! :thumbsup:

I was in the same boat 3 years ago. Used trucks were crazy expensive, and I was able to buy my truck with a company fleet discount. So it made sense to take the plunge. I plan to keep my truck for a L O N G time.

I have had my Ram for 3 years now and I am still very happy with it. It is truly a comfortable place to sit when you are logging lots of miles! Mine is just a wimpy 1500, but it suits my needs well.
20200307_082050.jpg

Congratulations on your new Ram. It should give you many happy miles!

Congratulations on the new RAM. Sounds like you got a great deal. I bought a 23 RAM 1500 limited 2 months ago and got a pretty fair deal but not that good. The salesman was looking for all the discounts he could think of that could apply to me, and he asked if I owned another Dodge or RAM vehicle. I hesitated and then said, well, I own 2 old Plymouths, do they count? He said how old and I replied 66 and 67. His eyes lit up but he said I’ll have to ask the sales manager. He came back and said he was sorry but he got turned down. But he hoped I would bring one out to their annual car show next year.

Congratulations!! That's a beautiful truck.

I have an outstanding relationship with my Hometown dealer. He let me know last year when trade in prices on pickups were absolutely insane, and new were somewhat reasonable. We ordered a Longhorn Limited 1500 for the Mrs. What they were really after was me to trade my 2011 Cummins, and were shocked when we got rid of the 2017 1500. You'll be happy with the Cummins, trust me there is no equal. Mine is just getting broke in at 68k, it's my lifetime truck.

Congratulations! That's a serious vehicle and if I have my facts straight, you have about 1000 lb/ft of torque for towing. Not bad at all! :thumbsup:

I was in the same boat 3 years ago. Used trucks were crazy expensive, and I was able to buy my truck with a company fleet discount. So it made sense to take the plunge. I plan to keep my truck for a L O N G time.

I have had my Ram for 3 years now and I am still very happy with it. It is truly a comfortable place to sit when you are logging lots of miles! Mine is just a wimpy 1500, but it suits my needs well.
View attachment 1559123
Supposed to have 1075 ft/lb torque lol. That’s a sharp 1500. Love that 2 tone!

Congratulations!! That's a beautiful truck.

I have an outstanding relationship with my Hometown dealer. He let me know last year when trade in prices on pickups were absolutely insane, and new were somewhat reasonable. We ordered a Longhorn Limited 1500 for the Mrs. What they were really after was me to trade my 2011 Cummins, and were shocked when we got rid of the 2017 1500. You'll be happy with the Cummins, trust me there is no equal. Mine is just getting broke in at 68k, it's my lifetime truck.
Thank you! I sat in a new 2500 limited and there is no comparison to those seats. The best seats I’ve ever sat in and I want to make my retirement truck a 2500 limited just to only pull a bass boat around lol but that’s still about 7 years away. I don’t plan on using this truck a lot the next several years except to maybe pull my tractor and 39’ camper a few times. I plan on getting it ceramic coated, front glass tinted, electric power steps, better mud flaps, bed cover and a few other things. I also want to buy in a few years a tandem 12 ton goose neck for it to pull a small dozer or backhoe around.

Nice. Since you now own a Cummins/Dodge, I highly recommend you get a subscription to the Turbo Diesel Registry. It's a quarterly publication that only covers the Cummins/Dodge combo. No fluff, bs. Just good info from other owners and articles. They also have a web store, Geno's Garage, where you can get service items[ either oe Cummins or Dodge] and accessories.

Once I pointed out the electric running boards to my wife there was no going back on those. They were a must have and I really like them too. I was going to recommend the splash guards I bought for the 1500 as they went on without drilling and were large. But they don’t list them for the 2500. I’ve read lots of good comments about Husky guards.

These bed steps are also nice. The Dealer charges $400+ for these but the same thing is available on Amazon for $125. The model for the 2500 is the same price. I’m getting two old for crawling in over the tailgate.

Amazon product ASIN B0993GGX8N

Congrats. Beautiful Truck! That is exactly want I want to buy to drag our camper across the country one day. HOPEFULLY the prices come down as I will never buy a new one at the prices the currently are.. Glad you saved some $$$ too.

Very good-looking truck. Congrats on the deal you made also. I am not in the market for a replacement for mine as it is a low-mileage 2010 F150. What keeps me away from even thinking about a new one is that the payments are going to through the roof and most I dare say purchase without looking at the bottom line. Needs and Wants I call it. Instead of going on the Wants side, what do you actually need? Still, you got a beaut of one, and enjoy your new ride!!! cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

Is there a big truck shortage in U.S.? Guys I know up here are buying new trucks, driving them for 16,000 km. (10,000 miles) and trading them in every 6 months or so for another new one, and making about $1000 a month for the time that they had it. The Canadian dealer has a U.S. broker that he works with, and the traded in truck always goes south. It must be the exchange rate on our $$$ that allows this. With the required lead time on new truck orders, these guys are ordering their next truck when they trade their old one (6 months) in on the current one. Over the course of the year, (2 trades), they are making $10,000 - $15,000 per year plus always have a new vehicle to drive.

Is there a big truck shortage in U.S.? Guys I know up here are buying new trucks, driving them for 16,000 km. (10,000 miles) and trading them in every 6 months or so for another new one, and making about $1000 a month for the time that they had it. The Canadian dealer has a U.S. broker that he works with, and the traded in truck always goes south. It must be the exchange rate on our $$$ that allows this. With the required lead time on new truck orders, these guys are ordering their next truck when they trade their old one (6 months) in on the current one. Over the course of the year, (2 trades), they are making $10,000 - $15,000 per year plus always have a new vehicle to drive.
Wow!

I don’t know but I started out looking at one or two year old trucks with a bit of warranty left and after awhile I realized I would be paying the same price as the dealers were quoting for a new truck. And I read a report that most dealers are refusing to negotiate much, if at all, on used vehicles. So I switched gears and bought new. I got a good deal but I read about even better ones. If I was a prior Dodge customer, if I was a veteran, or if I was a first responder I probably could have knocked another 3, 4, or 5 thousand off.

Is that a TV , Computer , Or A Hoverboard mounted to the dash

Or all of the above

Man , these interiors should come with a maid for 3 Years - 36,000 Hours

WOW

Auto Transport Service
Back