• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My newest pet peeve

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:03 AM
Reaction score
Many times when I'm at a restaurant placing an order with a waiter/waitress, or at the register inside a store, I always make it a point to say thank you to the waiter/waitress when placing the order. The same goes with the cashier at a store. If that person happens to be in their late teens - mid twenties, more often than not, their response will be "no problem". Of course it's not a problem, because they just did their job! Is it too hard to show some manners and say "your welcome" like you should?

Does anyone else see this trend or am I just living in an area that is more rude than others?

Discuss.

It is the common response here as well.
They don't mean to be rude, it is just lazy English. I've had dipshits respond with no worries ....as if I had fears that my french fries would not be in the bag.

no problem , you're welcome........ same thing

if they ignore you while looking at their phone, then it's a problem

Many times when I'm at a restaurant placing an order with a waiter/waitress, or at the register inside a store, I always make it a point to say thank you to the waiter/waitress when placing the order. The same goes with the cashier at a store. If that person happens to be in their late teens - mid twenties, more often than not, their response will be "no problem". Of course it's not a problem, because they just did their job! Is it too hard to show some manners and say "your welcome" like you should?

Does anyone else see this trend or am I just living in an area that is more rude than others?

Discuss.
Or they just say 'perfect'......

When someone tells me "Oh, you're fine!", I cannot resist but to reply "I know it."

I'm also not sold on "appreciate you".

I can appreciate a gesture IE- I appreciate it.

...but I'm not sure I'm ready to commit to appreciating the person in their entirety just yet.

I'm also not sold on "appreciate you".

I can appreciate a gesture IE- I appreciate it.

...but I'm not sure I'm ready to commit to appreciating the person in their entirety just yet.

this one I agree with....... the guy on American Pickers says it, and it just doesn't sound right

Manners have always had to be taught, usually by parents or grandparents. I was going to say it seems like they are a thing of the past, but, even when I was younger there were people with no manners. Although, they seem to be pretty scarce these days.

I've had dipshits respond with no worries ....
I do a parts run every day and the backward hat wearing 15 yr old skateboard kids say this all the time now. FFS.
I'll GIVE you something to worry about..
Hey Bob, you want a beer?
No, I'm GOOD.
My FIL would always say with a weird look on his face " I didn't ask if you're,...good?" :bananadance:

:rofl:

I don't mean to sound like a grumpy old man about it, rather it's an observation of people who don't know manners.
I think it depends on your definition and interpretation of what "Manners" is RC. I would be more peeved if I thanked them and got nothing back. At least you are getting an acknowledgment/reply. Just sayin' is all but I think you are taking this way too personally. JMHO...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

"my bad". I could strangle them...

I agree completely with RC.
Ignoramuses

Discuss.
1706646300553.png

Auto Transport Service
Back