• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Cuda

black64

Local time
7:19 PM
Reaction score
New Cuda from Chrysler? 2016 proposed model year. What do you think?

Attachments

• 10445964_10203162454554554_5129595056991302114_n.jpg
    10445964_10203162454554554_5129595056991302114_n.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 375
The Charger & Challenger are plenty enough of the retro stuff & retro naming of cars. The need to look to the future & stop dwelling on the past so much. Our cars can never be improved upon, that's what makes them classics & desirable to us.

Looks more like a nissan, cuda instead of a once great auto leader's product (Plymouth), short of the taillight setup not many style que-s from the original, maybe a shot from the front when available. The new Challenger pulled alot of style que-s from the 70s. Id love to own one if the look is right, along with cost and performance holding true to form (good luck). It looks like everything else running around the streets today. It might do ok in sales with appeal to the youth, but how many maybe able to afford it. To people like me that remember these cars in their prime, it doesnt hold much modern-nostalgia except the name plate, in current rendering. Im glad to see some effort in revivng the Cuda name plate, but to make another Dart or Charger, seems like knocking the brand name down another notch. Ford has it right in that they kept their car alive (mustang). Chevy and Mopar took the follower roles and cast the greats of yester-year into history. JMO

Some things should never be given a 2nd chance. They never live up to the real thing. Just like the new charger what an insult to the legendary mopar!

The Charger & Challenger are plenty enough of the retro stuff & retro naming of cars. The need to look to the future & stop dwelling on the past so much. Our cars can never be improved upon, that's what makes them classics & desirable to us.
Yes and no. The charger has never been retro. They hinted at it, but never went all out with it. And the 2015 charger looks just like the dart.bad. The challenger looks good. But it's a matter of time before they re-style it. If they do the "new" body on the challenger, hopefully they will keep the retro alive with the charger or dart. Retor looks better today on cars. Because the cars of yesterday looked good! Now days everything looks like a bubble with bland colors. All dodge has today is the challenger. And one day it too will look like a bubble. Bring a retor scat pak out today. And dodge couldn't make enough of them. I'm only 32. And I'm old school. 60's and 70's mopar are the best looking cars ever built.

- - - Updated - - -

At this point. I hope dodge won't do a cuda. Or any "old school" mopar.

I'm thinking visibility to the rear is nonexistent.

ahhhhhhhhhhh...no!!!!!

Attachments

• images-20.jpeg
    images-20.jpeg
    12.1 KB · Views: 242
Yes and no. The charger has never been retro. They hinted at it, but never went all out with it. And the 2015 charger looks just like the dart.bad.

That's because the Charger wasn't supposed to be a Charger. It was supposed to be a Champion, or Starlite, or something but not a Charger. Chrysler, like GM, got caught totally flat footed by the 2005 Mustang and they just snagged the next model going through production and slapped the Charger name on it. This is why the initial Chargers looked nothing like their namesakes, and it wasn't until the first redesign that they picked up even some modest cues.

The Challengers were purpose built to cash in on the retro craze, which is why they look much more like their older siblings.

there's been a few concepts of the 'Cuda, still no confirmation IF they will ever use the SRT Brand to reintroduce the Cuda's/Barracuda or even the Road Runner, there's been a few of them concepts too... I like the green AAR concept rendering, I don't think anything is in the plans as of today for any of them yet...

Attachments

• 2008 Cuda AAR style Rendering.jpg
    2008 Cuda AAR style Rendering.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 174
  • 2013 Barrcuda SRT Concept article.jpg
    2013 Barrcuda SRT Concept article.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 171
  • 2013 Cuda' Hemi SRT8 convertible concept.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 181
  • 2015 Barracuda SRT Advert. #2.jpg
    2015 Barracuda SRT Advert. #2.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 163
  • 2015 Barracuda SRT Advert. #1.jpg
    2015 Barracuda SRT Advert. #1.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 166
  • 2008 Cuda' Hemi concept.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 174
  • 2015 Barracuda SRT Advert. #3.jpg
    2015 Barracuda SRT Advert. #3.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 164
  • 2015 Barracuda Advert. concept #1.jpg
    2015 Barracuda Advert. concept #1.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 161
  • 2015 Cuda SRT sneak peak #1.jpg
    2015 Cuda SRT sneak peak #1.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 173
  • 2015 Cuda SRT sneak peak #2.jpg
    2015 Cuda SRT sneak peak #2.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 159
Can't they come up with new names already? STOP REHASHING the old name brands!

New technology is great, I don't care which car manufacture it is, they have to go some direction to keep cars interesting. Heck most young people don't know what a real CUDA was all about. Pure power, but it was just another body style. You either liked it or you didn't!! It seems that most all commenting here are not happy with the new style if it comes to light. At least if they do build it, you can be sure it will probably kick *** like they did when we were knocking off the Camaros and Mustangs. Can't forget about a little known Turbo charged Buick with 6 cylinders that people thought would be a push over when you came up against one. So I am one that would like to see a new Cuda. Comfort, (similar in style) and ready to kick some ***. There will always be another car that will be meaner than yours. Someone is building it right now.!! Suck it up!!

Auto Transport Service
Back