• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Off to the body & paint shop today

Mark,you definately hold the record for getting a Charger through body and paint in a timely manor!

Lets get some engine bay shots!

Nothing has changed in there as I did not pull the engine when I brought it in. A previous owner repainted the engine bay with single stage enamal years ago and while it's not the same quality, it's good enough. The paint line break is where the fenders bolt to the inner fenders and the curved seam between the firewall and cowl.

PXL_20201128_191757682.jpg

Thanks! Can you post the link to when you 1st bought this car?

Thanks. Perhaps you posted pics of it on another thread of what it looked like before you sent it off to be redone.
I bought it 3 years ago from a gentleman in Colorado. The car originally was sold in Kentucky.

Thanks. Perhaps you posted pics of it on another thread of what it looked like before you sent it off to be redone.

The car really wasn't bad at all. It was 2/3 original paint on the exterior with the LF fender and L rear quarter having been repainted previously. There were a fair amount of door dings and paint flaws that these pictures don't show, but the car is solid. You can see that the grille is painted a bluish gray and a couple small dents in the front of the left fender and on he side by the bumper return. Typically, there was some rust on the rear window channel & that needed to be addressed. The interior is all original with the exception of the front seat covers and rugs.

Some would say that I should have left it alone, but I just look at it as a mostly all original car with one repaint.

C2 (2).JPG

C4 (2).JPG

IMG_20170709_160801769.jpg

Car looks great. Curious what a shop charged to put the vinyl top on?

Car looks great. Curious what a shop charged to put the vinyl top on?

$750.00 to put the vinyl on (including moldings and Charger emblems), re-stitch both sun visors, reattach the headliner in the package shelf area and steam clean the headliner.

Got the rear glass installed this morning. Just waiting for the hood depression decals to come in, then install the hood turn signals.

PXL_20201212_202400255.jpg

That turned out nice. The tires fill out the wheelwells quite well.

That turned out nice. The tires fill out the wheelwells quite well.

Thanks Kern. Yes I am pleased & I think the wheel/tire combination looks good on this car. I took it to the gas station this afternoon to fill it up & go for a little cruise, which will probably be the last for a while. Cold temps this week & snow is predicted on Wednesday & Thursday.

Looks beautiful Mark. That color combo really pops. Your lawn looks nice and green but like you said we've got snow in the forecast.

Auto Transport Service
Back