• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ohio State Law.....

Topher

Local time
10:25 PM
Reaction score
How many have read the article in MCG about Ohio trying to bring a law into effect that will deam ANY operation of a vehicle outside the "normal" realm can(will) be considered a Fellonous Street Racing Act resulting in the SIEZURE of one's vehicle? I don't have a scanner to put it up in here, bbut if someone else does please do so. All Yaw who live in Ohio learn more about this and call your Senator and Reps Today! This must be stopped or the rest of the states will have this precedence to follow suit.

Topher disclaimer: I do not support the act of illegal street racing, nor do I condone the use of alcohol prior or during the use of a motor vehicle. I do support the idea of me being able to reach the speed limit to fall into traffic on the highway in as safe and quick a manner as possible WITHOUT being considered a Fellon.

This is OUR hobby, let's fight for it!

I dont thik It'll ever happen. The loss to the state revenues and local business would be tremendous.

yes,but you have to remember who is pushing this bill.the father of the girl that got killed who is a lawyer with friends in the ohio senate.I've driven thru ohio many times and have seen firsthand that they(and other states) do not concern themselves about safety only how much revenue they can make from citations.I can write longer on the subject,but there is not enuf space on here to do so.It is tragic that an innocent person got killed for someone else's act of stupidity,but that is how some of our laws came into effect.

The bill is at http://www.legislature.state.oh.us/bills.cfm?ID=128_HB_191. My head hurts from trying to read it, but as I read it, major penalties result ONLY IF THE "RACING" RESULTS IN INJURY OR DEATH. Who can disagree with that? When I read MCG, I usually skip over his "editorials" as they are usually half baked opinions based on half truths.

Freakin' democrat ya know. Whenever a politican makes a joke it's a law and when they make a law its a joke!

Yeah, I`m in Ohio too. I had my 69 Charger out this weekend. When I get in to it (stayin under the speed limit 45) the cop will think im a speed racer and get my car,sell it and put me in jail. Thats not right!!!!

Yeah I hope so too. those crushed cars can go back to Japan where they can turn them into all the screws that hold together the PS3 you just bought!

I hate revive an older thread, BUT a Friend just sent this me. NO, I am not in favor of a law like this. But in Pennsylvania there has been a law on the books almost identical to this for 7 years. My wife and I found out about it when we were stopped for "drag racing" 3 years ago. The officer read us the riot act, then admired our cars and then told us to do something like that on some back road.
So even if it does pass in Ohio, I see no big deal. They are trying to stop the situations that a lot of the younger folk don't know how to handle and end up getting seriously injured.
NOW don't start on a rant, I realize we were all young and did stupid things. But look back, there were not as many cars o the road and not as many A-holes out there then.

Guys, it says they can take your car and toss you in jail if you cause a major injury or death while street racing. I have absolutely no problem with that. Do you?

Just pick up and MOVE. They would get my car when they peeled my dead hands off the steering wheel.

Quick blokes, send your cars to Australia until the heat is off! I can store about 10 in the yard and one more in the shed, get in quick!:tongueflap:

As I mentioned, when the wife and I were stopped (each in our own car) for drag racing. The Officer said that here in PA it is at the discretion of the Officer as to what takes place or took place. Even reving your motor at a red light or you racing up the highway by yourself.

Auto Transport Service
Back