• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OMG, POR-15 will it ever come off?

SteveSS

Local time
11:54 AM
Reaction score
Long story short. The vinyl roof on the '69 Charger was bubbling from rust underneath so I pulled it. Sanded it down forever then hit it with POR-15 to stop the rust. I used about 4 pairs of gloves but I still got some of it on my hands from somehow touching things I shouldn't have with my gloves off. Nothing is coming close to washing this stuff off. I think it will have to wear off or wait until new skin is generated underneath it. I used tar and bug remover to get rid of a couple of drips on the paint. That and scraping with my fingernails worked.

Anyone got any tricks?

Long story short. The vinyl roof on the '69 Charger was bubbling from rust underneath so I pulled it. Sanded it down forever then hit it with POR-15 to stop the rust. I used about 4 pairs of gloves but I still got some of it on my hands from somehow touching things I shouldn't have with my gloves off. Nothing is coming close to washing this stuff off. I think it will have to wear off or wait until new skin is generated underneath it. I used tar and bug remover to get rid of a couple of drips on the paint. That and scraping with my fingernails worked.

Anyone got any tricks?
Angle grinder with a flapper wheel. :D

When I recently applied some to the 65 in areas that were ready, and I was gloved up like you, there was still some that got on me. Used brake cleaner and a paper towel to remove. Worked fine. Spray the towel down, rub on the skin and off it came.

Lookup this gals lawyer???

Gorilla-Glue-Girl-Tessica-Brown-via-TikTok.jpg

The stuff is pretty good on frame rails and thicker metals. The only way I've removed is by some light grinding. I would not recommend for any body use. Or any thinner sheet metal because it's designed to more permanent.

I seem to recall a thread about someone getting it on their junk. It was hysterical!

The stuff is pretty good on frame rails and thicker metals. The only way I've removed is by some light grinding. I would not recommend for any body use. Or any thinner sheet metal because it's designed to more permanent.
Refer to Post #3 :thumbsup:

That's why you wear appropriate clothing while doing dirty work..... a Mankini is not appropriate clothing. :p
So now I have to buy new work clothes.... great!

:rofl: ...its time to retire the bright green Spandex.
RETIRE THE SPANDEX, heresy. Hey man, the spandex setup worked for this guy, why not me? I look just like him, only I'm fat, bald, and our faces look completely different, other than that I don't think you could tell us apart.

DLR.jpg

Kiwi has a recall like a steel trap!!! LOL
Yes, I was the idiot that got the POR-15 all over myself (uuugh) good news is it does come off, bad news is, a woman could have a child in the time it takes the **** to wear off. Hang in there SteveSS, better days to come :lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back