• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Passon 5 speed, when's it coming?

mzizzi

Local time
11:31 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone have an idea as to when the Passon 5 speed will be available? The only release posts i can find are from 2010 saying "this spring" but now its 2013 and still no news, does anybody have one? Has anybody else fixed the modify the entire floor pan problem with other trany's? My girls got a 4 speed in her now so keisler and tremec both say cut her a new hole and right now I'm not doing that, I'll hang up her keys before that happens.

Bolt in, wherefore art thou?

Personally, I wouldn't hold my breath on the Passon 5spd simply cause Jamie keeps saying it will be out (fill in the blank) and never does.

Either it doesn't work or he can't get it made cheap enough in the US and still make a buck. It's not easy being a small time manufacturer and most people don't see it from his point of view.

The last time I talked to Jamie about the 5-speed, it has been a matter of getting enough of the right parts.

I would have loved to have put this in instead of the 4-speed OD box that I did install.

Jeff

Overpromise. Underdeliver. Not good. It takes Vision, not just skill and expertise.

plus i here he has like 500 people in line to get one , and does anyone really want put the first run in there car and be the guinee pig s . With so many delays and problems I wouldnt want the first model run for sure .

plus i here he has like 500 people in line to get one , and does anyone really want put the first run in there car and be the guinee pig s . With so many delays and problems I wouldnt want the first model run for sure .

Dennis H. can add something to that discussion I'm sure but alas he's off at yet another car show ... have fun Dennis!

agreed but someone has to do it haha

talked to him early in Feb. he wasn't going to be at Indy because he was "tied up on getting the 5 speed done". to me it's not important as i'm not looking for that application however, (as Meep said) I'm sure getting this project to market is/was a a colossal pain in the a$$.

Cost factor..

The interesting thing on his price point is that it is just about what you pay for a Keisler or Tremec with the new driveshaft, bellhousing, clutch, and all the other stuff you need to make that work, not to mention the need to cut the floor to fit.

I have heard that one of the other 5-speed boxes now comes with the necessary pieces to fit your car without any cutting.. Don't remember which though...

Jeff

He has been having all sorts of issue with getting the correct parts made. I have been on the list for 2 years and will continue to wait before I cut the floor of my car. I even started looking at a Gear Vendors unit, but read some reviews that talked about banging into gear so that is making me re-think that route. Now I am thinking about pulling my 4.10's for 3.54's in the Dana so that may help a little for now...then when his 5 speed comes out it will be that much better on the highway.

The good news is I've gotten word through the food chain that the issues, Jamie is it?, has been having with the reverse shifter linkage have been more or less resolved. They got it to fit and work smoothly. So sure, I won't hold my breath (god knows the fumes from the shop won't allow it anymore) but I think he's coming 'round with everything.

Ziz

Auto Transport Service
Back