• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Putting a Holley Street HP carb on a 440

eastyorker

Local time
4:47 PM
Reaction score
I'm trying to put a 750 Street HP carb on my 440. The carb bolts in no problem. Once I try to connect the fuel feed line it runs right into the distributor. I am using a Summit G3100 chrome feed line.

...same issue here......now I run an Aeroquip duel feed...It's shorter....and route rubber fuel hose around distributor...

Splicer

That's because those fuel feed lines are designed for small block Chevys. I used to run the dual feed backwards, or just make my own lines.

easyest way i have found it to use a y or t block and route your own lines.even better is to run a carb stud mount and fuel presure regulator and then make your own lines.

Do it like Meep said if you want to use that line... flip it over so it points towards the firewall....

You need a fuel line like I have on my 63. The chrome line takes a 90 degree turn where the fuel line hooks up. Clears the dist fine. Ron

100_1559.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back