• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rb four bolt valve cover gaskets

33 IMP

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:48 AM
Reaction score
Are there any quality valve cover gaskets available? I've been using cork on original stock covers, not very successfully. Has anybody tried cutting the corners off six bolt gaskets? I sure don't know of any aftermarket four bolt, valve covers and i doubt I'd use them anyway.

Last edited:
Are there any quality valve cover gaskets available? I've been using cork on original stock covers, not very successfully. Has anybody tried cutting the corners off six bolt gaskets? I sure don't know of any aftermarket four bolt, and i doubt I'd use them anyway.
I assume you're talking about the late '50s ones?
FelPro still makes the "rubberized" good ones and Rock Auto has a few left on closeout for a great price:
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=128403&cc=1435792&jsn=461

Thanks, moparedtn! I had my best friend order me two sets, we'll give them a try. (I've never bought a thing on the net). They are for a ported 286 maxwedge head just freshened by imm.

Thanks, moparedtn! I had my best friend order me two sets, we'll give them a try. (I've never bought a thing on the net). They are for a ported 286 maxwedge head just freshened by imm.
My pleasure. Hope they work out for you! :)

Auto Transport Service
Back