• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Really Shitty News

just looked at the photo's.I never like to look at anything that's been burned. It's a shame about those cars, but glad noone was hurt.

That sucks bad, real bad. I feel for your loss.

Sorry to hear about the fire but I'm glad that there were no serious injuries. A good reminder of how dangerous working around fuels, welding, power tools etc. can be. Be safe.

fires suck, went thru one a few years ago, lost two cars and parts. glad no one was hurt. stuff can be replaced.

One of our worst fears indeed. our cars are like family to most of us on here. Thank goodness no one was hurt, but the loss of the cars is a sad sad thing indeed. Garage fires are a tragedy

There's obviously no comparison to losing human life and a car but rather than posting photos of buckled sheetmetal I thought we could remember a few rides in their glory. These cars will be missed.
Etsy071.jpg

Etsy072.jpg

IMG_3416.jpg

This combo no-more
IMG_1842.jpg

This is the "Atomic Six" as we used to roll it. This is the car that was in the paint booth, freshly painted, polished and being re-assembled. This car will be done again with another '66 Belvedere II wagon that we already have a line on. Good thing the seats were still at the trim shop.
tolist304.jpg

This one kills me the most. This is my '67 Polara that I've owned for close to 20 years. So many good road trips, camping, racing, towing the race car. It was black on black, nine passenger, 440/727, 3.91 sure grip. It was built to haul and haul ***. Too many good memories.
272_7294_1copy.jpg

Unfortunately I don't have any photos of the other Monaco wagon or Chris' Coronet wagon or the '56 GMC 2 ton Duramax project but you get the idea.
More cars will be built and the shop will be re-constructed. We're all moving ahead and trying to be positive on the whole ordeal. Going racing really helps this thought process.

Thanks to everyone for all of the kind words and support.

Pat

Oh man! I`m so sorry to hear about your loss! There`s not alot a guy can do but carry on when stuff like this happens. I`m sitting here trying to come up with something uplifting to tell you but it`s pretty tough! It truly does suck and it`s hard to find anything positive out a situation like this. The cars can be replaced and they left you with some great memories that can never be taken away! It`s funny how life takes its twists and turns when you don`t expect it. Turn the page and start writing the next chapter.....
Harv

sorry for your loss ,like many have said they can be replaced ,it will be tough to find replacements , but look past that , look to the future :headbang:

Sorry to read this, but at the same time gloriously happy no one was even hurt....at least physically.

Never had a shop burn down but have 2 friends that have had that loss and it's no fun for sure but the good part is that you can build back even better! Another good thing is no one was lost. I almost set my place on fire years ago and I know that sinking feeling when you think things are about to go up in smoke but never experienced the aftermath and hope I never do. I was able to get the fire out before it took a good hold. What a relief! Sorry to see this happen and glad everyone is ok.

Auto Transport Service
Back