• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revisiting a post from 12/1/09 about Roadrunner or not?

70 RR

Local time
4:39 PM
Reaction score
I read this post and decided to do some checking. The man stated that he was interested in a 69 Roadrunner but all vin numbers were missing and the car had no title. The man selling the car said that the number 2841301 was stamped in the lip of the trunk, so l decided to look at my 70 Roadrunner and see what was stamped on mine. Low and behold the number 2841301 was also the number stamped in my trunk. I looked up that number and found a post on another mopar site that says the number 2841301 is on the driver side and 2841300 Will be on the passenger side. These have nothing to do with the vin, so what are they part numbers? You can find this number by looking from inside the trunk about the halfway point of the driver side drip rail. My car is in storage, so l can't check for a number on the passenger side. I'll post a picture of the stamped number tomorrow. 1231151118.jpg1231151118-1.jpg

Last edited:
The number in your pic is a part number. I believe it is for the trunk drip rail which attaches the quarter panel. I believe the first digit "2" means second decade of production, and the "8" means 1968 model year. The part was designed and put into use in 68. It was used for 3 years until the design was changed in 1971. The number that I believe you are referring to is of an 8-digit configuration. It is found on the back side of the upper core support, and on the left side trunk drip rail under the weather strip. It is arranged like this: The first digit is a letter identifying the plant. The next digit is a number identifying the model year. The next 6 are the last 6 digits of the VIN. Hope this helps.

Yes it is helpful and thank you very much! I thought that it was indeed a part number but was curious to see if anyone else had any information to confirm this.

The number in your pic is a part number. I believe it is for the trunk drip rail which attaches the quarter panel. I believe the first digit "2" means second decade of production, and the "8" means 1968 model year. The part was designed and put into use in 68. It was used for 3 years until the design was changed in 1971. The number that I believe you are referring to is of an 8-digit configuration. It is found on the back side of the upper core support, and on the left side trunk drip rail under the weather strip. It is arranged like this: The first digit is a letter identifying the plant. The next digit is a number identifying the model year. The next 6 are the last 6 digits of the VIN. Hope this helps.

Auto Transport Service
Back