• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Right Rear brake light is

bkleenfltx

Local time
6:28 AM
Reaction score
the only light that seems not to work on the 68. With the exception the backup lights. Every light including the map light works. The wires look perfect, I've tried three bulbs and now the new LED. all three the taillight great, turn signal great... wires so far...not as much as a nick in the wires. Even the old covering is still in tact. So what am I over looking.

SlingBlade_91.jpg

Hmmmmmuuph jest needs .....

Bad ground to the housing?

I'll have to check again. Seems it was loose I reconnected but did not help. I'll do it again to ensure i did it correctly.

OK, stop AND tail, or just stop?

Stop AND turn or just stop, or just turn?

Regardless, check socket grounding because "it's easy" and otherwise that wire for the stop / turn coming out of the column connector. If that's not there, then bad TS switch.

OK, stop AND tail, or just stop?
tail light works great.... Just Stop and only on the right side

Stop AND turn or just stop, or just turn?
Stop only...turn works great.

The ground and the wire must be good to the rear because the stop & turn element in the bulb are the same. It's a brown wire from the socket plug to the terminal 6 of the rear harness. That plug is behind the kick panel. From there it goes to terminal 8 of the directional signal switch connector (still brown). Looks like it's probably in the turn signal mechanism.

If it's stop only, and the tail and turn work properly, IT IS the turn signal switch.

You can easily confirm this. Probe the right rear TS wire coming out of the switch and going to the right rear. You should have both stop and turn power there. I'm betting "no stop" power. Remember, "stop" power is routed through the TS switch.

Crops of the diagrams right out of the book.

Left turn / stop is dark green, right side is red. So terminal no2 there at the TS column connector. Actually, LOL, I left the cursor there accidently.

Attachments

• switch.jpg
    switch.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 114
  • lamps.jpg
    lamps.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 106
Gentlemen ....this looks like the right direction. I'll try to work on it tomorrow after work. Very good information!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back