• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Searching for my fathers 1969 Charger R/T

Rjvb3

Local time
2:44 AM
Reaction score
I checked the usual sources with no luck. Zero results on google, figured I would post the VIN on here in case anyone comes across it by chance in the future. It was sold South of Chicago in the 70's and was supposedly pretty rough from the Illinois winters. Unlikely it survived, but weirder things have happened!

VIN: XS29L9G265629
IMG_20240221_101755.jpg

FB_IMG_1708528641675.jpg

I see you live within driving distance of Carlisle. Twenty years ago, I walked the show field at the Chrysler Nationals, trying to find a '69 Dealer Demonstrator GTX I had test driven when the car was new. I had no VIN number, just a photo of the car from back in the day. After talking to all the guys with GTXs on the show field, and striking out, I showed the photo to a vendor who was selling restored trim pieces for GTXs. Turned out he owned the car, and it had been restored to near concours condition. Two years ago, he finally sold it to me. I wouldn't believe the story, if it hadn't happened to me.

Good luck with your search. You never know, boots on the ground can sometimes do better than the internet.

Try the Lost Muscle Cars group on Facebook (or find someone who is on Facebook to post for you). You can post there and reach a pretty large audience. Good luck!

Just seeing that original invoice is pretty amazing in and of itself.
Nice picture of your dad with his car :thumbsup:

The stripe delete giant R/T emblem has been my new favorite thing for a few months.

Definitely FB Lost Muscle Cars.

FYI, he also started another page for owners looking for prior owners.
I was going to post there myself, thought I was following, but unfortunately I have been unable to find the link.

Auto Transport Service
Back