• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shane

72Fourspeed

Local time
1:48 PM
Reaction score
I just watched Shane for about the 100th time. Has to be the best western ever. Maybe the best motion picture ever ? Beautiful scenery, superb acting, & a classic good vs evil story. I love this old film, now 63 years old.

Great old western,
I haven't seen it in a while thou...

The only ones I like are the old Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns.

Nope, it's in living color. Not filled with explosions, nudity, or excess violence. Probably be a flop today. Watch it twice just to see all the unhighlighted details. My dad grew up in the horse & plow era, he loved the scenes where the farmers went to town. Notice the colt running alongside its mother, who is pulling the wagon. Little stuff all adding up to great detail. I love this film, does it show ?

back when they didn't need tits and explosions to keep people interested.

I think I know every line in that Movie!
My FAV!

It was filmed right at Jackson Hole Wyoming with the Grand Tetons in the back drop.
Based on a true story.

Alan Ladd at his best, portraying a very very Iconic BAD *** retired gun slinger looking to change his life.
Alan Ladd
Jean Arthur
Van Heflin
Brandon deWilde
Jack Palance

2nd best western in my opinion? Unforgiven
Clint Eastwood
Gene Hackman
Morgan Freeman
Richard Harris

Auto Transport Service
Back