• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should this be here?

BAFRAID

She’s looking like a Super Bee again!!
Local time
9:19 PM
Reaction score
image.jpg
image.jpg
Cleaning up my steering column and rebuilding it. Just took the bearing out and the rubber boot around the bearing has a staple through it. I assume it’s not supposed to be there?

Kinda reminds me the first time I saw someone take a gum wrapper and wrap a blown fuse...

ya gotta do what you gotta do when nothing is open during a long trip. Been there. :)

Kinda reminds me the first time I saw someone take a gum wrapper and wrap a blown fuse...
How about the spring out of a ballpoint pen being used in a distributor cap to 'preload' the centre contact. A friend of mine did that to a Corvette when the cap failed about 35 years ago. It worked.

How about the spring out of a ballpoint pen being used in a distributor cap to 'preload' the centre contact. A friend of mine did that to a Corvette when the cap failed about 35 years ago. It worked.

What's the old adage? Necessity is the mother of all invention...

Comparing the drawing and the foto, it looks like the aftermarket one has the staple inserted backwards from the factory staple. Guess it doesn't really matter.

Auto Transport Service
Back