• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver Sport Conversion ISSUE

BDF6

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:56 PM
Reaction score
So many problems, so little time.
This one is:
'69 Charger, RB engine, 2"x 3 1/2" TTi headers= PASSENGER side collector is CONTACTING the A41 automatic transmission pan.
Anyone else had this issue & resolution?
Anyone have similar car/engine combo with DIFFERENT headers that clear & if so which ones?
Existing headers are coated & I'd rather not hack in to them.
Seems like one (or several) problem after another these days.:eek:
Car got taken off rack before I could get pics.
Have contacted SST.
Thanks for any info.
Time to cry myself to sleep.
Again.
:rolleyes:

I successfully bent my TTIs by sticking a piece of pipe in the collector and forcing the header to bend. I probably got 1/4" to 1/2" lateral movement. It didn't hurt the coating. I also had to "clearance" 3 tubes for main cap cross bolts, that did damage the ceramic but, TTI said to touch up the coating with silver high heat paint. You have to look real hard to see the results.
Mike

I had a set of headers that touched the transmission pan, I used a heavy duty ratchet strap hooked into one of the holes in the frame to pull it over.

THANK YOU gents! Tim-6T8440 at DC.com has been very helpful & answered all my questions.
Mainly do what you have said= pull header away.
Thanks again, will update any progress if any...

Went to car after work & pulled the header away, easy-peasy. Got 1 1/4" clearance. Thanks again for suggestions.

I had the same issue with my TTI headers touching the pan on my 4L60E. I did the same a 493 Mike suggested. I called TTI and actually talked to the owner. He told me to get a 2" pipe and stick it in the collector and bend the crap out of them. I asked him what would happen if I broke some weld? He said he didn't worry about this happening as this weld quality was one reason why TTI headers cost more, if I broke it he would replace it. I did this and just as Mike said I got about 1/4 to 3/8" clear.
PT in Tennessee

02F5A495-FEE3-4717-BF5D-5F791DCF2E62.jpeg
27EF87C2-16EB-4C81-BB73-726EEE3150F4.jpeg

It's got about the same space from torsion bar now so I'm leaving it be as is.

This one is:
'69 Charger, RB engine, 2"x 3 1/2" TTi headers= PASSENGER side collector is CONTACTING the A41 automatic transmission pan.
Anyone have similar car/engine combo with DIFFERENT headers that clear & if so which ones?
Have contacted SST.
Thanks for any info.
Again.
This one is:
Have contacted SST.
Thanks for any info.
Again.

Sow how do ypou like the A41 Automatic?

Auto Transport Service
Back