• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Site has become near impossible to use.

Stumper

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:28 AM
Reaction score
I’ve been on this site for years but in recent months I’ve found it near impossible to use, phone, tablet and PC. Everything has gotten very slow and unresponsive. Ads out the wazoo! I can’t hardly read or post anything as I am in constant limbo not knowing what is happening.. A few months back I received a letter from Joeychango offering me to become a Gold Member. Will this actually get me back to where I can use and enjoy the site??

I’ve been on this site for years but in recent months I’ve found it near impossible to use, phone, tablet and PC. Everything has gotten very slow and unresponsive. Ads out the wazoo! I can’t hardly read or post anything as I am in constant limbo not knowing what is happening.. A few months back I received a letter from Joeychango offering me to become a Gold Member. Will this actually get me back to where I can use and enjoy the site??
Well.....at the risk of irritating you.....these issues say more about your computer settings and use habits than it does about the site. If the site were that difficult to use everyone else would be screaming about it. They are not. Gold Membership will get rid of the ads though. Slow to open or navigate tells me your computer needs a disc maintenance session run and a settings check for cookies and such. Delete unused and extraneous photos, saved text pages, movies and other high consumption items. Clean out the extra stuff and lean out your machine to run faster. Open up some memory in the storage. Consider running a factory reset. Save all your stuff and reset it. Then add back in your stuff as you go through it get rid of extra junk. Consider getting a good Ad blocker and installing it. Good luck.

Gold members see no ads.

That said, Ghostrider is probably correct in that there are likely problems on your devices. I would start like this. Clear your browser cookies and clear your browser history. You can do a google search to figure out how to do this based on your browser.

I'm not a gold member - and the only ads I see on my PC and Ipad are the Mopar ads down the right side of the screen. Generally, issues are "user" problems. Install an ad blocker, clean up your PC's disk space, run a virus check, etc.. I do get ads on my iphone but I rarely use that to go on this site anyway.

Not to overturn the apple cart here!
I have the same problems as Stumper. Started with the so called (upgrades)for ad bombs.
I have CLEARED EVERYTHING and still my device freezes often when I’m on FBBO and FCBO.
Over time I have gotten used to it. I have to X out and start over quickly before the ads clog up device again.
I kinda resist the thought of Gold membership here to solve freezing problem.
Not my intention to cause problems here, just sayin.

It may be helpful to clear your cache
memory on any and all apps.
Hold the app. hit the "i" in the upper
right corner, go to storage, clear cache.
The more apps you have, the more
memory is eaten up.

Very slow to load pages, way to many adds, I have cleaned out the computer and reset it many times. Site is still slow.

Very slow to load pages, way to many adds, I have cleaned out the computer and reset it many times. Site is still slow.
flashing bar travels across top of screen followed by three bars ???? the only thing that loads quickly is pop up adds.
Each thread is very slow with several search attemps at bottom of screen ?????????????? Site is getting so bAd that it is very hard to use!!!!!!!!!!! any solutions????

See the bars going across like site is buffering, seams site is slow then.

I have noticed that in the last few days too. I just restart my computer and it clears up. I put it down to having Windows and closing the lap top while on FB or YouTube....puts all sorts of junk on your machine. Restart clears it up. Disc clean too.

Before I login the white see through bar at bottom 1/4 of screen ads are showing up. They disappear when I login, Joey said it would be an ad bar.

flashing bar travels across top of screen followed by three bars ???? the only thing that loads quickly is pop up adds.
Each thread is very slow with several search attemps at bottom of screen ?????????????? Site is getting so bAd that it is very hard to use!!!!!!!!!!! any solutions????
If you're using a phone, try a computer or laptop.

I don't have issues on a Laptop. My phone is slower....but that's the phone at fault, not the site.

I have all the ads too and never have these problems. Site is always fast for me.

Thanx for the deletion of my reply!

I have all the ads too and never have these problems. Site is always fast for me.
Not complaining about speed. Maybe others? I don't like the "new" doesn't work for me. I was a regular ebay user they've improved it so much it's so disorganized I hardly use it. Don't want these to improve like that.

Ads are crazy on site. There are 2 ads between each post then a pop up ad knocks my keyboard off screen, then it will pop up blocking the "post reply" button, so close that ad to post. Most are like this on my phone. It's the format they all are pretty much forced to use as old software goes away and replaced by new updated (read: more ads). Mine does not run slow, just junked up with ads. I'm old so half the ads do not even pertain to anything I search.

Ads are crazy on site. There are 2 ads between each post then a pop up ad knocks my keyboard off screen, then it will pop up blocking the "post reply" button, so close that ad to post. Most are like this on my phone. It's the format they all are pretty much forced to use as old software goes away and replaced by new updated (read: more ads). Mine does not run slow, just junked up with ads. I'm old so half the ads do not even pertain to anything I search.
Do you complain to the TV stations about all the commercials on air between breaks in the programs?

Or do you subscribe to a TV service that is commercial free?

Gold membership here negates nearly every advertisement.

I don't like the "new" doesn't work for me.

I don't get the complaints about the "new" --- The site hasn't changed substantially for 3 or 4 years. There are minor upgrades now and then, but they are intended to fix bugs and security.

Do you complain to the TV stations about all the commercials on air between breaks in the programs?

Or do you subscribe to a TV service that is commercial free?

Gold membership here negates nearly every advertisement.
I complain about everything.
Sorry, just the way it is.
Much like the ad amount on sites it ain't gonna change.

Auto Transport Service
Back