• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Site has become near impossible to use.

try this.

Clear your browser history and browser cache
That's a wonderful suggestion......but.....to the computer illiterate, like me......i have no idea where these files are located, what their called, nor how to "clear" them (the files) once located. I use a Samsung tablet (Android), a Samsung Galaxy S22+ phone (Android) and an MS Windows 10 laptop. I DO NOT USE ANYTHING APPLE ...except pie, cider, dumplings, sauce.......perhaps you could be more explicit as to how to clear the files you note.....by specific device.......
BOB RENTON

That's a wonderful suggestion......but.....to the computer illiterate, like me......i have no idea where these files are located, what their called, nor how to "clear" them (the files) once located. I use a Samsung tablet (Android), a Samsung Galaxy S22+ phone (Android) and an MS Windows 10 laptop. I DO NOT USE ANYTHING APPLE ...except pie, cider, dumplings, sauce.......perhaps you could be more explicit as to how to clear the files you note.....by specific device.......
BOB RENTON
Your browser should have a tool box. I use Google Chrome and there are 3 vertical dots to the far right of your site address box. If you click on that and "More tools" you will be able to clear your browsing history and cookies. If you clear your cookies it will sign you out of the websites you use so make sure you know you know your passwords to get back in. I usually just clear browsing history and cashed images and files and see how that goes.
1690310232026.png
1690310277495.png

Sorry Mike.....the three dots you indicate DO NOT have those gatagories...
There is no listing for "more tools" nor under the system settings. The problem with "clearing cookies" is all the listed passwords go away....every site has their own passwords protocol....a really POTA...There must be a simpler and cleaner more expeditive way to do this......on any of my devices. Thanks anyway..Bob Renton

Sorry Mike.....the three dots you indicate DO NOT have those gatagories...
There is no listing for "more tools" nor under the system settings. The problem with "clearing cookies" is all the listed passwords go away....every site has their own passwords protocol....a really POTA...There must be a simpler and cleaner more expeditive way to do this......on any of my devices. Thanks anyway..Bob Renton
Sorry, Like I said: I use Google Chrome. Your system may be different. We would like to help but we don't have a clue what you have. That's something you will need to figure out. Like Joey said "You can do a google search to figure out how to do this based on your browser." (whatever that might be)

Sorry, Like I said: I use Google Chrome. Your system may be different. We would like to help but we don't have a clue what you have. That's something you will need to figure out. Like Joey said "You can do a google search to figure out how to do this based on your browser." (whatever that might be)
Mike.....as I noted, Im not a computer geek to know where to look in my various devices or what to do to clear my cache (what ever that is or where it hides)..... why NOT just say delete or erase....I'm not about to erase or delete something that will cause me grief later. I believe the term D.N.F.W. may be applicable to my situation or If it's not broke, don't tix it.....or in my instance....if you don't know how to do something..ask for help......
BOB RENTON

@RJRENTON
when you hit the 3 dots do you see a category "history"?
Select that, look for "clear browsing data" then choose what you want to delete from the categories shown. (Toggle from "basic" to "advanced" screen and you ou can turn off the "saved passwords" check mark.)

I use a Samsung tablet (Android), a Samsung Galaxy S22+ phone (Android) and an MS Windows 10 laptop.

ok, what browsers are you using? Chrome? Firefox? Edge?

If you can answer that I can get you instructions....

@RJRENTON
when you hit the 3 dots do you see a category "history"? OK....
Select that, look for "clear browsing data" then choose what you want to delete from the categories shown. THERE MUST BE 1000+ ITEMS LISTED WITH CRYPTIC SYMBOLS WITHOUT ANY EXPLANATION (Toggle from "basic" to "advanced" screen THIS CATAGORY NOT LUSTED and. turn off the "saved passwords" check mark......this is reverse logic.....why would you want to turn off saved passwords.....should this mean DO NOT DELETE SAVED PASSWORDS??

and you ou can turn off the "saved passwords" check mark.)
THANK YOU FOR THE INFORMATION AND SUGGESTIONS......i'm not comfortable executing something I don't understand.....
BOB RENTON

ok, what browsers are you using? Chrome? Firefox? Edge?

If you can answer that I can get you instructions....
Don't know.....none of the above....where is it listed?? I'm hesitant about deleting anything to do with passwords.......went thru something similar in a previous situation.....took hours and hours to re-install passwords again......
BOB RENTON

"why would you want to turn off saved passwords..."

When the check mark is ON that means it IS selected for deletion. When check mark is OFF it will NOT be deleted.

Those "1000+" items are the very things you want to delete. All just bits of data hogging space in your memory and slowing things down.
They will get deleted as a group, you do not have to do them individually (unless you wanted too).

I'm not very computer savvy either, you can do this.

BOB RENTON
I don't believe it. Nope.

I keep on saying how my device freezes when I’m on FBBO other related sites.
I don’t freeze on other forums that I’m on just the F-BO sites!
It started with the AD (upgrades)
I cleared history etc every time and yet it still happens.
I blame the ad campaign
There are just toooooo many!
Here’s a pic of clear history page!
Is there another one I don’t know about?
I’m not trying to be a trouble maker I just get tired of being booted off by ads?

00DB8B43-38ED-44A4-81DB-2AF50AF04BBA.png

Don't know.....none of the above....where is it listed?? I'm hesitant about deleting anything to do with passwords.......went thru something similar in a previous situation.....took hours and hours to re-install passwords again......
BOB RENTON

can you post a screenshot of the browser

can you post a screenshot of the browser
What is a "screenshot" and how is this done? There is no button or anything labeled screenshot. Where is it stored? How is it retrieved so I can send it to you? Again, I'm not versed in "computer-eze", but I do speak American, English, French and a little Spanish. Perhaps an example is necessary....
BOB RENTON

What is a "screenshot" and how is this done? There is no button or anything labeled screenshot. Where is it stored? How is it retrieved so I can send it to you? Again, I'm not versed in "computer-eze", but I do speak American, English, French and a little Spanish. Perhaps an example is necessary....
BOB RENTON
Google is your friend for direction on how to do a screenshot. As much as a non geek as I am, it's not hard to do but heck if I remember because unless I do something more than once within a month, it's not gonna stay in my pea brain! Besides....I thought enganneeers were a smart breed?! :poke: :lol:

Google is your friend for direction on how to do a screenshot. As much as a non geek as I am, it's not hard to do but heck if I remember because unless I do something more than once within a month, it's not gonna stay in my pea brain! Besides....I thought enganneeers were a smart breed?! :poke: :lol:
THANK YOU...and YES we are....but we (me) do limit our expertise to our fields of endeavors...specifically: thermodynamics, electrical engineering and power system design and installation, chemical plant design and start up, ASME Section VIII DIVISION 1 Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code Fabrication and testing....I use computers all the time for my work...I just do not know all the subtle intricacies of their operation....but I'll look at what you suggested...
BOB RENTON

Auto Transport Service
Back